ID:76349

BYOND Version:443
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.) Watch a game that has servers available
2.) When a server is taken down, BYOND gives a false report saying that a new server is available, when in fact one was shutdown.

Expected Results:
Not to be confused when BYOND says a new server is available, when in actuality, there was no new server

Actual Results:
Confused by having BYOND report a new server was available when in fact one simply shutdown

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? On a busy game, it happens once every 5 minutes
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
When servers don't shutdown

Workarounds:
Don't watch a game?
After testing I found that I only got such reports when new servers were indeed up. You might be seeing an effect of caching in which the cached list of servers reports a world that has gone down unexpectedly (the cache does operate on a 5-minute basis), so a new server might have come online, gotten cached, and gone down again. There may not be a good solution to that.

In any case I found no bug in the software itself. Analysis of the code confirms this should only happen when new servers are found, not when servers go down, so the only explanation I can think of is that you saw a server that the host put up and took down again in a very short time span.

In addition I found that this message should only come up when you're in the waiting list for a game, not when you're merely watching one. Were you just watching the game, or actually in the waiting list?
I was watching and in the waiting list at the same time, and the number of servers up was more than one. It was like five.

And right after I got the message, I refreshed and only 4 was available

It is possible that someone rehosted server very quickly.