ID:93287

Applies to:BYOND Pager

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
People send me quite a few join requests, and there are some games that I simply want to avoid due to asshole community or I'm just plain sick of it. I think that highlighting the Join link should show the name of the world, and the host of the world as well at the bottom of the pager.

It's a rule of mine to not click ambiguous links, and it's also common sense on the internet.
Seconded. I requested this a long time ago, but it seems to have fallen into the void (as usual).
I'll have to see what we can do for this, since right now I believe the pager only has the link and no other info to go on.
How does this need discussion?
It should work exactly like this:
Somebody pages me with a join invite.
When I mouse-over the Join link at the end of the message it should display pretty much the same thing that mousing-over a server in the games tab does: "Join [Game] [world.status]".
This link-over information could of course just be a static piece of info sent when the link was, unless you want to get fancy and dynamically link it to the actual world somehow.
The mouse-over information could either appear at the mouse location (like it does when you currently mouse-over a game server), or it could appear in the status-bar at the bottom of the pager where it usually says "Logged in as [Key] \[[PagerMode]\]", or both.
"Needs discussion" is also the logical choice when a feature may or may not be feasible and needs further consideration to determine how to proceed.
I also think this shouid be a feature you shouid add for the next update or what ever update.

Because one someone is sending me a join link i join it,its a shitty game and its take up alot of my ram so my computer kinda slower til i restart.

So yea you shouid add it.

I dont think it will take much time to add this into the codes.
Bobby, this would take considerable time to add if the support is not already there behind the scenes. We would have to make changes to both the hub and the pager, and make sure that no compatibility issues arose from the new information. This is not nearly as simple as it sounds. Also it is unlikely to be very helpful unless both the sender and receiver are on the newer version, unless the hub does the legwork of translating the URL into a game name.
Lummox JR wrote:
I'll have to see what we can do for this, since right now I believe the pager only has the link and no other info to go on.

Considering that the Join link selection actually shows the name of the game on the list, I believe it already has said info on it, just has to take it and post it. That's my theory anyway.
Winter Tail, you're confusing info the hub has told your own pager vs. info that is sent with a pager message. The join link you see is generated based on the content of the pager message as parsed by both the hub and the pager. The name of the link either has to be sent with the pager message or the hub has to look up the link, and then the receiving pager has to be able to use that information. IIRC the necessary info is not being sent and I'm pretty sure it's not being received.
Lummox JR wrote:
"Needs discussion" is also the logical choice when a feature may or may not be feasible and needs further consideration to determine how to proceed.

How bout... "Under Consideration" =P