ID:969206

(See the best response by Albro1.)
Hi there I really need some help. Okay i know how to host, i just want to host with dream daemon. okay the thing is, is that I will open chao chatterz 2.dmb on dream daemon, I'll get the message: BYOND hub reports port 4567 can be reached by players. okay, but people tell me they can't join, it just says connection failed for them. and btw is dream daemon suppose to work every port it gives you? like ill just run dream daemon on 0, then it will give like a random number like 52003, isnt that suppose to work? becuase it doesn't for me.. its weird my firewall is turned off, i have no virus programs running on my computer, could it still be the firewall?, my IP, or router? if someone can anwser this, i would be appriciated. I need serious help because i would like to host again.
Best response
Instead of using 0 for the port, get a set number and log into your router and forward that port. Make sure you host on that port and it will be accessible.

http://www.portforward.com
What do you mean by a set number?, 4567?
Whatever number you want. Pick one. Portforward gives you suggestions about a range to use, I believe.