ID:973823

(See the best response by Higoten.)
Well I went to go on a game called Witches' Chess, it downloaded some resources into BYOND, then AVG said that it had also downloaded a virus, I vaulted it but it also vaulted a program needed for BYOND, so I uninstalled it and then tried re-installing it, it said that BYOND itself was a virus and asked me to delete it, I'm not sure whether to just let it stay on my computer, so I deleted it, so I need help, how do I get rid of those resources? Where would they be located? Or will AVG, after getting rid of a certain file, associate anything that has the file within it as a virus and it's perfectly safe and I should just keep it on my computer.
Best response
Hi Mmarage,

What you are seeing is referred to as a "false positive" and has been discussed intensively before here . You don't need to be alarmed by AVG's alert, as the BYOND software is entirely safe.

Good luck!
Alright, thank you Higoten, I was really worried that I wouldn't get to use the software again. ^w^
Er... now I have a new problem, I tried downloading BYOND again but now it says something about insufficient permissions or something like that... How do I solve that?
First, Check to make sure that all the files and programs that were quarantined by AVG are deleted.

Then, navigate to My documents, and in this folder should be a folder named "BYOND". Delete this folder.

Next, Run the BYOND uninstaller from Add and remove programs.

Finally, download BYOND and be sure to install it as an administrator.

Good luck!
How do I check which programs were quarantined, and I deleted the BYOND folder, and I had already uninstalled it, I also got rid of the folder that I had installed it into, but it still says insufficient permissions... Would downloading it two more times to see if something was just wrong do anything?
Never mind it's working and best of all AVG didn't scream at me X3 I think it might have been because I had downloaded it earlier or something :P Thanks for the help though.