ID:292598

Hi, i signed up today and I can log into the website, but when i go to join a game, I get this Error Message "BYOND HUb: Connection failed" there is nothing wrong with my internet.

I am using Windows Vista and the newest version of Internet explorer if that info helps
Hi, Sebion.

Just because you can connect to the world wide web doesn't always mean you can connect to games and other applications. What "BYOND Hub: Connection failed" means is that the game on the other end is trying to send data to you, but your firewall is blocking it.

It's also possible, however, that the game on the other end is no longer online! If you can't connect to that particular game, but can connect to others, that probably just means the other game is down.

If you can't connect to any game, there is still hope, however!

The best resource is the post When I start BYOND, it says: "BYOND Central not accessible". Or, I can't connect to any games from the main BYOND Help page.

If that doesn't help, we'll need to know these answers:

* Do you have a hardware firewall? (If your computer connected to the internet by a cable modem or DSL modem which goes through a router, you probably do.)

* Do you have a software firewall? Norton Internet Security, ZoneAlarm, BlackICE Defender, etc.

* Where are you trying to connect to BYOND from? In many cases, schools and employers block certain types of internet connections.

* Do you have your own separate account on the computer? If you have an account where some things you try are restricted, you might need to talk to the person who owns the computer in order to fix this.
In response to Jtgibson
umm hi,Jtgibson
I'm having like of the same problem but my problem is that I can't even log in to my byond key.When I try to log in it says "BYOND Hub: Connection failed"and I'm not even logged on yet.Like for example you know when it says validating key then it says BYOND Hub: Connection failed. Also before I tryed to log in my firewall said asked me if I want to allow access and I said yes. This problem never happened before it normally just lets me log in.

In response to Uchiha Frost
i got some sort of hub connectiong problem or some is wrong with my internet i cant even go into byond.com and the pager's bookmark wont work neither any1 kno whats the problem? and possible ways to fix it? btw im using a friends computer so theres a since i wont c the reply for like a while
In response to Jtgibson
Jtgibson wrote:
Hi, Sebion.

Just because you can connect to the world wide web doesn't always mean you can connect to games and other applications. What "BYOND Hub: Connection failed" means is that the game on the other end is trying to send data to you, but your firewall is blocking it.

It's also possible, however, that the game on the other end is no longer online! If you can't connect to that particular game, but can connect to others, that probably just means the other game is down.

If you can't connect to any game, there is still hope, however!

The best resource is the post When I start BYOND, it says: "BYOND Central not accessible". Or, I can't connect to any games from the main BYOND Help page.

If that doesn't help, we'll need to know these answers:

* Do you have a hardware firewall? (If your computer connected to the internet by a cable modem or DSL modem which goes through a router, you probably do.)

* Do you have a software firewall? Norton Internet Security, ZoneAlarm, BlackICE Defender, etc.

* Where are you trying to connect to BYOND from? In many cases, schools and employers block certain types of internet connections.

* Do you have your own separate account on the computer? If you have an account where some things you try are restricted, you might need to talk to the person who owns the computer in order to fix this.

that source is not useful, since that is what the majority are getting, and we can't sort it out.
If you're still having this issue, please read and reply to [link].