ID:1153758

Like my question above says, If pokemon games are allowed to be made, since DBZ games arent.
Yes Pokemon games are absolutely fine as we have not had a Cease and Desist for their intellectual properties.

All of Funimation's intellectual properties were given a cease and desist order. such as:
Dragonball Z
Full Metal Alchemist
Fairy Tail
Air Gear
Claymore
"and others i'm not sure of"

Square Enix also sent Byond a cease and desist for:
Final Fantasy
Chrono Trigger
Cardfight Vanguard's licenser recently sent a C&D to BYOND/a game.
Darn, Hey SSX i think someone more suitable at writing posts than myself should make a sticky of C &* D games to clarify for the community what is advisable not to create
Wow, the amount of C&D's is getting pretty high. If you do a list, I hope it's somewhere, for lack of better words, right in the readers faces. Seems like a lot of new people, or people who don't frequent the forum tend to miss even the more important posts. Especially if you consider how many people fail to see anything about the developers/resources section, guide, or posts >.>

Too many people go straight to developer help for the simplest stuff, lol.
A C&D is issued against a particular listing, although it indicates an IP holder may issue future notices against similar games, so, as a matter of policy, we don't accept them.

Ultimately, game authors should consider their motivations and publicity goals before investing in ANY software project that uses outside resources, whether the IP holder has expressed previous displeasure or not. The reason is that fan-material is always going to be vulnerable. So while one may say that Pokemon is "allowed", it is not a guarantee that there won't be a complaint down the line. Of course you can choose to ignore this and create and host whatever you want, but we (BYOND) will not play a part in that in our visible listings.

My personal opinion is that these claims are all a little ridiculous since BYOND games have a very limited audience and are only helping promote the brand of an original product which often doesn't have an online venue. However, some companies want to protect their IP as a matter of precedent so that it's clear that other entities can't simply steal resources. And that's understandable too,
Isn't Cardfight Vanguard a rip off Yu-gi-oh?
They won't be allowed for long a few people have sent emails to Pokemon's [email protected] address, I would assume a C&D will be coming soon....
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
They won't be allowed for long a few people have sent emails to Pokemon's [email protected] address, I would assume a C&D will be coming soon....

Watch Naruto be next.
In response to King_LiOnZ
King_LiOnZ wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:

Watch Naruto be next.

And then expect a big player loss, like happened with Dragon Ball Z? Yeah.

A.T.H.K wrote:

I don't think they would care anyways.
6,000 people online average I remember it was like 15 thousand online like 3 years ago.
In response to Blastcore
You don't think they'll care? But FUNimation did..... And Square Enix. You don't seem to understand the damage this can potentially cause to a company.... Everyone would like to play an online Pokemon game with new features that are upgraded constantly so you might want to think again....
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
You don't think they'll care? But FUNimation did..... And Square Enix. You don't seem to understand the damage this can potentially cause to a company.... Everyone would like to play an online Pokemon game with new features that are upgraded constantly so you might want to think again....

Sure, because games that reach maximum 30 players can potentially damage a company.
Heh.. I won't bother talking to you in regards to this, you seem to be not understanding it at all.

Good day.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Heh.. I won't bother talking to you in regards to this, you seem to be not understanding it at all.

Good day.

Then you should explain which damage it can cause to a company. Because it may not even make any damage to the company.

Don't try to be dramatic.
Put yourself in their position and I bet my life you would C&D as soon as you receive those e-mails.
Seriously, when your OWN product is making you MILLIONAIRE, you just care about it. You just do it.
In response to Fushimi
Fushimi wrote:
Put yourself in their position and I bet my life you would C&D as soon as you receive those e-mails.
Seriously, when your OWN product is making you MILLIONAIRE, you just care about it. You just do it.

Because he's talking about games that profit from their stuff. What if the game isn't getting any profit?

I would C&D only if they're making profits from my stuff.

I don't see any damage being done to a company if you're just doing a fan-game that's not profiting in any sort of way.
You don't certainly know if they are making profits out of it.
I really doubt anyone related with those properties does actually even play the game once before C&Ding it.
Would be nice to see an sticky that Shows all games that arent allowed to be made, for newly devolupers, and old devolupers
Page: 1 2 3