ID:138461

I still can't get my casting verbs to come up for my spells. They show up in the mage spellbook like I want, but I can't do anything to them. Not even my immortal verbs such as delete or copy work with them. If I'm doing something wrong basically what I need is a second usr.contents sort of thing. A list that would function like the inventory, but be in a separate window. My spells are objs so I can support multiple ways of casting and keep track of memorization. By the way thanx for the bug fixes!
On 7/29/00 4:23 pm DerDragon wrote:
I still can't get my casting verbs to come up for my spells. They show up in the mage spellbook like I want, but I can't do anything to them. Not even my immortal verbs such as delete or copy work with them. If I'm doing something wrong basically what I need is a second usr.contents sort of thing. A list that would function like the inventory, but be in a separate window. My spells are objs so I can support multiple ways of casting and keep track of memorization. By the way thanx for the bug fixes!

I'll need a more specific example to help you out, but I can suggest just making a runtime list and sending it to Stat():

mob/wizard
var/spellList[0]
verb/addfire_ball() // test purposes
spellList += new/obj/fireball_spell()

Stat()
statpanel("Inventory",contents) // display my items
statpanel("Spells",spellList) // display my spells