ID:154422

I would post this in Babble, but babble seems to be more of a battleground right now, which inclined me to post here instead, for fear that my post would be swollowed up by the endless posting of senseless flames and things like that.

So anyway, I just wanted to hear some thoughts on what kind of things people would like to see in a general "STG" which means pretty much anything where the goal is to create stuff rather than to kill stuff, be it a city, outpost, planet, civilization, anthill, or anything like that. What kind of games would you like to see, and what kind of things do you think they should have in them?
Foomer wrote:
I would post this in Babble, but babble seems to be more of a battleground right now, which inclined me to post here instead, for fear that my post would be swollowed up by the endless posting of senseless flames and things like that.

So anyway, I just wanted to hear some thoughts on what kind of things people would like to see in a general "STG" which means pretty much anything where the goal is to create stuff rather than to kill stuff, be it a city, outpost, planet, civilization, anthill, or anything like that. What kind of games would you like to see, and what kind of things do you think they should have in them?

Personally, my favorite computer game ever released is The Sims. It would be extremely kewl to see the game remade in BYOND.
Foomer wrote:

you could have some type of "Career Game" where you choose a Career and do the job. Or, you could always just make a dbz game :)
Foomer wrote:

I'd really like to see something in the vein of a business sim--basically anything that remotely fits within the business sim genre, even.
In response to Leftley
Leftley wrote:
Foomer wrote:

I'd really like to see something in the vein of a business sim--basically anything that remotely fits within the business sim genre, even.

Yeah, like run a LongJohn's Pirate Pizza Place, that would be kinda like chuck E cheeses/Peter Piper Pizza
Foomer wrote:

I've always thought about making a game that simulated some of the chaos and randomness in life. Creating DNA-like building blocks that would determine behavior of cell-like creatures that would eat, reproduce, and occasionally mutate. Not sure what the whole purpose would be, but somewhere in there is an interesting game. Or if not a game, at least an amusing and instructive program.
In response to Skysaw
I've always thought about making a game that simulated some of the chaos and randomness in life. Creating DNA-like building blocks that would determine behavior of cell-like creatures that would eat, reproduce, and occasionally mutate. Not sure what the whole purpose would be, but somewhere in there is an interesting game. Or if not a game, at least an amusing and instructive program.

One way to make this into a game rather than a toy would be to have players could create their own organism by selecting different building blocks, etc.. then compete with other players' organisms. This could be done by putting populations of both of them in an environment and seeing which one is able to survive the longest (find food, keep population levels managable, possible fight opposing organisms?).

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
Multiplayer Sim Life...
I'd like to see Sim-Life you start as a baby learn to crawl walk ect. then a kid goto school and stuff and so on. Could be pretty fun.
In response to BurningIce
BurningIce wrote:
I'd like to see Sim-Life you start as a baby learn to crawl walk ect. then a kid goto school and stuff and so on. Could be pretty fun.

That sounds a bit more like an RPG than a sim game. I can just picture the powerlevelers for that game...

"Dude, I just m4XX0r3d my toilet-training sk1llz! l33t!"
In response to Leftley
yup thats about how it goes sounds fun huh?
In response to BurningIce
How about a simulation of a game designer, trying to create interesting games with a simple but powerful object oriented language. That's a sim I could really get into :)