Login()
..()
world << "[usr] has just Logged in '[world.name]'!"
src.CreateCharacter()

proc/CreateCharacter()
var/mob/new_mob
var/char_name
while(!char_name)
char_name = input ("Please put your character name in here.","Name") as null|text
var/char = input(src,"Pick your character!") in list ("Ice Clan","Sand Clan","Uchiha Clan","Water Clan","Wind Clan","None")
switch(char)
if("Ice Clan")
new_mob = new/mob/player/IceClan
if("Sand Clan")
new_mob = new/mob/player/SandClan
if("Uchiha Clan")
new_mob = new/mob/player/UchihaClan
if("Water Clan")
new_mob = new/mob/player/WaterClan
if("Wind Clan")
new_mob = new/mob/player/WindClan
if("None")
src.Logout()
new_mob.name = char_name
new_mob.loc = loc(2,2,1)
src.client.mob = new_mob
..()
del(src)

mob/player

IceClan
icon = 'Online Player.dmi'

SandClan

UchihaClan

WaterClan

WindClan

client/Del()
world << "[usr] has Logged Out!"
..()

mob/Logout()
del(src)
Problem description: I hope I posted this right.. first time.. but I tried something like this and it says I have 13 errors. from lines 30-41 it says "inconsistent identation" and line 42 says "proc definition not allowed inside another proc". I am trying to code in a character select type of login. I have read some tutorials and I am understanding better, and I tried to do this step by step by typing in and I thought I got everything correct but I guess not. Can someone help? If this is correct so far and I have to do some kind of other before compiling and testing, please let me know.
error starts from if("Ice Clan") down to new_mob.name= char_name
You've got a couple of spaces hiding in-between the tabs on those lines, remove those and you should be good.
Indentation error means you are either messing up your indentation (which does not appear to be the case) or mixing tabs + spaces for indentation (very likely). You must indent with one, not a mixture.

To show the tab indentation, press CTRL + T or Options > Show Tabs. I suggest de-indenting (SHIFT-Tab) those lines (or at least the first one) and retab; that should fix both issues.
oh okay thanks very much. learning experience lol
Alright so I fixed it. I have added Icon_state because when I run the map to test, it wont load an icon for some reason. Anyway, when I have Icon_state, I know it loads JUST THAT STATE. But when I want to go North South East and West I want the icon to look like he is running. I have the icon set up as M in the dmi file. but how can I code in the running animation?
The person must be in that movement (M) icon_state in order to show the animation when moved. People normally have their movement animation for the icon_state with no name (blank, "")