ID:1885295

i tried playing GTA 5 on my 2nd laptop and it had windows 10 on it
today it has the black screen every time i open it...

i would blame me and microsoft for doing this..
Me : for paying 300$ on games and not upgrading my laptop
Microsoft : it uses 3GBs memory and it dosn't have openGL suppot yet :(.

so here is he warning : dont play GTA 5 now , wait until you get a better laptop , watch youtube and be sad for seeing people playing it and not you,protect your computer.
Doesn't GTA 5 require 4 GB RAM and a Quad Core 64 bit CPU clocked at 2.5 GHz tho?

Only req I'm positive about is it needed a dedicated graphics card, if memory serves.
System Requirements
MINIMUM:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Hard Drive: 65 GB available space
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
Additional Notes: Over time downloadable content and programming changes will change the system requirements for this game. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer and www.rockstargames.com/support for current compatibility information. Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible. Unlisted specifications may not be supported by publisher. Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX , Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. SINGLE USE SERIAL CODE REGISTRATION VIA INTERNET REQUIRED; REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE ROCKSTAR GAMES SOCIAL CLUB ACCOUNT (13+) PER SERIAL CODE; ONLY ONE PC LOG-IN ALLOWED PER SOCIAL CLUB ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME; SERIAL CODE(S) ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE ONCE USED; SOCIAL CLUB ACCOUNTS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Partner Requirements: Please check the terms of service of this site before purchasing this software.
RECOMMENDED:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD 7870 2GB
Hard Drive: 65 GB available space
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
Additional Notes:
Did you expect it to work? Unless you have a specific gaming/custom laptop, recent titles won't work.

If you bought GTA V on steam, you can always get a refund.
It sounds like you burned your GPU out. I wouldn't even ever bother playing games on laptops except BYOND/Flash/HTML5. Anything that requires over 500MB of vRAM is pretty much not a laptop game (unless you have a dedicated gaming laptop. Alienware does not constitute as "dedicated gaming" since it's always been low-mid tier performance in a high-tier visual case with low-mid tier cooling. Although they have been forced to step up their game with ASUS and MSI bringing more gaming laptops onto the field lately). Unless you custom build a laptop case with a whole layer of 120 MM fans using an external power source with adjustable voltage from 5V to 12V, it's just not worth it. And no, laptopt "chill/cool pads" aren't worth it if you don't have any vents on the very bottom of your laptop case. Since most laptops don't have any sort of vents except for on the sides, the chill/cool pads are pretty much useless except cooling about 5degreesF which you're better off throwing your laptop in the freezer for a minute than running a chill/cool pad for an hour.