ID:1893168

As I write this we have some actual sunshine for once, and the hope of a nice weekend, so fingers crossed.

BYOND 508.1293 is scheduled for release early next week, aiming for Monday. There are a few bug fixes, including a couple of big ones in animate()--one of which also impacts matrix interpolation, and is probably tied to some old issues that can now be closed.

I'm happy to report that the webclient DSification is coming along fairly well. It's still a slog, but in spite of some early setbacks I think I'm finally on track. Here's what's working so far:
  • Turf map chunks and individual changes
  • Basic movables
  • Maptext
  • Gliding (eye gliding has some sync issues I'll get to)
  • Animation
Still on the to-do list:
  • Areas aren't appearing yet
  • Screen objects
  • flick()
  • missile()
  • View (opacity, etc.--view calculation code is implemented but not hooked up)
  • Confirm edge_limit works
  • Appearance garbage collection
  • Make sure command availability still works (it was tied to the old map setup)
As a result of this new setup, I fully expect that multiple map controls will at last be doable. I don't plan to incorporate them into the first DSified release, but I do plan on it for the near future after that, probably during the phase when I'm shaking out the inevitable bugs.

Yes, webclient users, you can expect some regressions as new bugs appear from the DSification update. It's the nature of any big change. But the upside is, you can expect big gains in server performance. So of course I'll be counting on you guys to report any issues in the Beta Bugs forum when the time comes.

Still looking ahead to some ideas for 509 as discussed in previous posts, and I have some items on my to-do list that I still want to get to soon if I can. The ban stuff I discussed previously is still in limbo and I need to finish that up, so I want to put in a push on that someday next week. (I promise, SS13 hosts, I haven't forgotten!)

Speaking of SS13, there's a request from one of the hosts to allow for some kind of option to bypass Dream Daemon's automatic "terse" runtime error mode that kicks in after so many errors; I've put that on my list and plan to do that very soon, maybe even for 508.1293.

Hey, are you or a friend not a member yet? BYOND still needs your support, and the contributions of our members are appreciated.
Lummox JR wrote:
Speaking of SS13, there's a request from one of the hosts to allow for some kind of option to bypass Dream Daemon's automatic "terse" runtime error mode that kicks in after so many errors; I've put that on my list and plan to do that very soon, maybe even for 508.1293.

Please try and get it in 508.1293
As a result of this new setup, I fully expect that multiple map controls will at last be doable.

When this is available, I'll be declaring the web client ready for use.

I imagine that this is great news for the guys over at severed.
In response to Ter13
We actually don't really have a whole lot of use for multiple map controls! We've already simulated that using raw canvas elements. Although I wonder if switching that over to use a BYOND map control would be easier on our bandwidth / CPU.