ID:258122

Heres the new ( and i hope its improved ) Madara.

Heres the old one...

And the accual Valley of End....

C & C please.
If your going for the real look of madara statue look your off on parts. The fingers are wrong it's not the thumb and index, it's index and middle fingers. Like mentioned to you in your last wip post which you should have put the update in. and the sword is in the wrong position. Shading needs touch ups, and your light source is inconsistent. It looks like its coming from the side angle so it goes on the head and feet but in the middle you go off as if it is from the top.
Eamples of light source http://www.spriteart.com/tutorials/02_ambient_sphere.html http://www.spriteart.com/tutorials/02_ambient_face.html

There is another tut for light source but i am not on my home computer so i don't have my links.

~X-tremEdge~
In response to DeathWishProductions
Wasn't exactly going for a concreate recreation of the statue, but thanks for the input.
In response to W1ldr3x
Well even if you wern't going for realism then the other suggestions would help the art work look more polished then ugly
W1ldr3x wrote:
Heres the new ( and i hope its improved ) Madara.

Heres the old one...

And the accual Valley of End....

C & C please.

I see you've fixed alot, namely his deadly hair, round featureless face and sharp cloak
W1ldr3x wrote:

C & C please.

Bad idea on the dithering, stone is more one all diffrent levels,having a straight line of dithering isnt the way to go about it, also some of the lightsource is missing or isnt done well =P

Photobucket

see what i mean by diffrent levels?
(this was a quick edit, if i had more time id play around with the pallet more lol)

also try some line art, them big black lines arent good near the main areas of light source, hmm also the shoulder pad is curved at the top and straight at the bottem, this can effect the shading so try correcting that =P

hope i helped.

- Chris
In response to Chris-g1
Thanks alot Chris, i see what you mean.

This will help alot, thank you =D
In response to W1ldr3x
Alright, i restarted the whole thing.
I updated this so i didn't have to make a new thread.

Here it is..

In response to W1ldr3x
You should redo the shape of the face and the shape of the hand. They look almost childish-cartoony. In addition, you need to work the ripples of the clothing into the outlike. This isn't a bump map or a normal map you know. :)
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
Well, it is based off a cartoon, and the majoirty is shaded out.
But i know what you mean. xD
Alright, here it is..

(hopefully) this will be the final version

In response to W1ldr3x
Make it evened out, dont jsut put some aprts light, and some parts dark, it all has to be even. If you want me to make an edit I will but I am pretty busy right now but i'll make one later if you want.
In response to Bakasensei
i did, =O...

Maybe there not drastic enough.. hmm.
In response to W1ldr3x
I love the dithering and texturing you've done with it. Excellent job there.
However, the way you shaded it is no different than a gradient; you've flattened the statute (it has no depth; no thickness).

It's kind of difficult to explain how exactly to shade it, so I decided to do a quick shading job
with a four color palette.

I didn't bother with any dithering (I would have if I wanted to put more time into it), only shading, and my light source is slightly different from yours. It's also a little sloppy, but that's only because accuracy wasn't important. The idea of how you should be shading was.

The idea is, you shade it as if it were a 3 dimensional object. Every part has contour and cannot be nicely shaded using what is effectively a gradient.

My shading also has quite a bit more contrast, which gives the statute more depth and makes the statute look a little shiny at some spots (oops).

I also changed your line art a little bit.