ID:261240

Ok....Again, my intense anger has taking me over. I have two problems.

1.) Still cannot view anything on BYOND, but I can login to the forums. I'm pretty sure over 200 dimes should be there, but I can't access them.

2.) Adding mobs/turf to the map. It's not working. I have add many people explain this to me, but it still won't work. I can get the image of the mob/turf to the map, but I run the game, go to the mob, and the "Talk" verb should appear in the Social Commands panel, but it doesn't. The coding is fine.

WTF IS MY PROBLEM!?
SSJ Radditz wrote:

1.) Still cannot view anything on BYOND, but I can login to the forums. I'm pretty sure over 200 dimes should be there, but I can't access them.

Look at this post by Tom id:43375.
SSJ Radditz wrote:

You should really make separate posts for separate problems, so they can each be dealt with in turn without cluttering the answers about the others.

I can't help with that one. Since only Dantom can help, why not email them at [email protected] ?

2.) Adding mobs/turf to the map. It's not working. I have add many people explain this to me, but it still won't work. I can get the image of the mob/turf to the map, but I run the game, go to the mob, and the "Talk" verb should appear in the Social Commands panel, but it doesn't. The coding is fine.

If you can put the item on the map, then there is no problem with adding them to the map. If they don't behave how you expect them to, then your coding is not fine.

This is how it should look:
mob/talking_npc // or whatever type path you use
verb
Talk()
set category = "Social Commands" // puts the verb in the "Social Commands" verb panel
set src in oview(1) // this verb becomes accessible when you are 1 step away from a mob
// other code for whatever Talk() does
SSJ Radditz wrote:

WTF IS MY PROBLEM!?

Obviously that you aren't doing it right, mayby show us some code?

Alathon