ID:293216

BYOND Build Number:429.999
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
Video/Graphics Card: Radeon 9800 Pro/Radeon 9800 Pro SEC
Game Hub/Link: Don't need
Internet Connection Type: Ethernet cable
Firewalls/Routers: D/N

Problem Description: When I start dream seeker and or dream daemon then try to host I can get on fine, but when another person logs on its says either dreem seeker had an error occured same for dream daemon then it pops up this system message, (The Instruction at "0x73dd11c7" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read".)

Steps to Reproduce Problem: I started dream daemon, logged on then got a friend to log in and it kept repeating the same message and such.
G'day Garruea.

The problem you've mentioned could more than likely be a graphics card issue. But you haven't provided us with a graphics card type or DirectX version, so I'm afraid I can't help you.

If there is anything in the template that you are unable to answer, please read All about the BYOND Help forum. It'll tell you how to give us the details we need.

Thanks Much.
Tiberath.
In response to Tiberath
Alright I have a Radeon 9800 Pro video card and I beleive I have DirectX V9
ok ill help u solve u problem with u thinngy watch this video i made on youtube called how to fix byond problems !!!
or just click on the link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlIeyy_qSF8
In response to Arbron4
Greetings Arbron4.

Although we thank you for trying to help, that processes will not help this particular user. His problem is almost certain to do with networking issues like a router or firewall. Clearing cache does help in many ways, this is just not one of them.

As for your video, it is rather long to get to the point. You would be far better off just listing the steps here as a listed item, or using YouTube's annotation system to list all the steps you go through first, then after about 10 seconds of those notes, switching to a video of you doing it. However, you need to have the video zoom in on your mouse, as it's rather hard to make out anything you are clicking. Also, voice overs are a must. If you aren't going to combine voice with your video, you might as well just take a few screenshots and write up some summary text. It would move faster and be easier to follow.

Thanks Much.
Danial.Beta