ID:293933

Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Public Version 454.1036)
Logging in....Connecting to byond://216.66.76.220:6030...
BYOND pager is offline. Connecting as Guest.
failed

this is the message im getting.. what do i do, my msn is [email protected] if you can help
Greetings Inferno429.

You haven't provided enough information/ignored the forum template and as a result of this, we are unable to help you. In order to be of any real assistance, we need to know as much detailed information about your problem as possible.
Please consult All about the BYOND Help Forum if you are unsure on how to fill out any of the template fields.

Once you are sure you have enough information, please reply to this post with all the information you can. From there, we'll see if we'll be able to help you solve your problem.

Yours sincerely,
Schnitzelnagler.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
BYOND Build Number:454.1036

Operating System:Windows Vista

Video/Graphics Card:
Name:Mobile Intel(R)4 Series Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer:Intel Corporation
Chip Type:Mobile Intel(R)4 Series Express Chipset Family

Game Hub/Link:????

Internet Connection Type:Highspeed

Firewalls/Routers:Firewall off

Steps to Reproduce Problem:open byond and try to play a game

i dont know half the stuff at the top can someone add me n talk me through it
In response to Inferno429
Please follow through all ten steps of this article (including the five steps about the cfg folder).
In that case, it is a firewall issue in 99.99% of all cases.
Please ensure that you have no additional firewall(s) that block any of the three main BYOND executables, or any other such security software.
can you please page me or add me on msn so i can talk to you about this
if someone can add me on msn or page me ill set up teamview so they can help, it will make it alot easier
I could page you, but that won't change the fact that you need to search your computer for any software (e.g. a firewall) that would block communication between applications).
yes i realize that thats why i want to set up teamview with you so you can check and see if everything is working fine
The problem is that I have, unlike you, never been at your computer and thus lack the experience of what kind of software you installed.
It should be far easier for you to browse through restrictive firewalls than it would be for me.
Not to mention that I do not personally take TeamView invitations, because I volunteer here, meaning I have no insurance if something on your system would end up bad.
ok well i have accessed my computers firewall to accept all byond applications , but i dont have access to the router firewall im on wireless , is there anything else i can check
If the pager is allowed to communicate with Dream Seeker and you have a working cfg file, BYOND should function.