ID:100030

Keywords: do, help, help, help, wanted, you
I need help do you have to be a member to make a byond game or no???? Help wanted!!!!!!!
Whats up guys. some of the games i play are cool i do NOT play naruto goa any more. I can tell you why but i dont want people to send hate comments^.^the other games i play or good. some of the games I favored I have no clue what they are so ya. sometimes I favore randomly.
You don't need to be a BYOND Member to create games, but unless your making something original and "not" anime related, finding an iconner is going to be extremly difficult. Pixel art in general is very difficult on it's own, however I personally find the programming aspect to be rather simple and enjoyable. Pixel art, graphic design and interface design are all hard parts of creating games. To do this, open your BYOND program and click "File", then click "Start Dream Maker". From here is where you begin. In order to learn to code, you can read tutorials through out the BYOND website. Most people get there hands on other peoples games and create copies of there own, however... These games are defined as "rips" and the HUB you create to publish it and allow people to see it are then tagged by the BYOND staff as "rips" and no one can find it anyways. The best thing for you to do is to learn to code on your own and my personal opinion, do not create an anime based game. There are far to many of them on BYOND right now so you wouldn't be able to get much of a player base for it.
Wait I'm creating a bleach game do I have to become a Byond Member.
You do not have to buy a membership to create a game.
OK How can publish a game to see I can play it because I'm cry
now because most people say don't create an anime game so I wanted to delete my old hub game and add A new one. But it says I need to become a Byond Member to add a game

Also can you show how to actually get a game one the site and not no tutorial. I have a game complete it is just not at its best. I heard something about Zone Alarm; would that help me to start a live game
Oh dear this banter is making my head throb...

No, you do not need to become a BYOND Member to make games however you DO have to be a Member to create a HUB for your game. You're still very free to host it however you will receive absolutely no support from BYOND with creating a HUB page. There's no "Non-Member's" HUB you can use either. Memberships are still very cheap at $24 for a year. If you're serious about developing games here, you're going to need one, but if you still feel like you can get off Scott-Free. You're welcome to create a webs.com page and make a HUB on there.
LOL I know that making a HUB requires being a member at Boynd;
not becoming a Byond Member. I was just asking how step up a hosting to get a live connect for people to get on if my firewall or porting doesn't work.

Thanks for your help thought; but I have a HUB already, I am still learning the hosting procedures for getting a game to be available to other people.Its a game I just made that I want to see if I can play it to get a feel how it is from a web-gamer view of joining;
You need to be a BYOND Member - the paid membership of $24 a year ( don't confuse this with just being 'registered' and having a username to sign in as; this makes you a member, but not a Member. ) - to create a HUB, unless you already had one from before this became the case.

You can host your game without a HUB, but you will have to manually provide people with the link to let them join.
To do this, simply open the game as normal in DreamSeeker, and press the Host button in the bottom right - sometimes, depending on version and the skin the game uses, it might instead be in the File menu.

Alternatively, you can host using DreamDaemon, which is a dedicated hosting tool. You can join your own world through DreamDaemon.

If you cannot host yourself, BYOND's community has a few people who offer hosting services; alternatively, your best bet is to find a cheap VPS [ Virtual Private Server ] or shell-hosting service.
Alternatively, of course, you can ask a friend to host for you if he or she is able to do so; they will have to provide you with a link so that you can join.
Even though you have a HUB, you can't do anything with it, since you're not a BYOND Member. You can't edit it, change it, anything, so having a HUB is pointless. Deathguard is right. You can find several options to hosting your game, but you'll have to rely on yourself to get the advertising and it's own HUB set up.

No, you're not required to have a Membership to make games, but it would be in your best interest to purchase one. The only reason one who is seriously wanting to make BYOND games won't buy a membership is because they're too cheap to buy one. Get a job and have your parents open up a bank account for you. That's what I did. And if you're parents won't do that, give them $24, ask for it, or... and this may be something unheard of in this day and age... but actually WORK for a little money. It's $24 for a year, which is $2 a month, which boils down to about 7 cents a day... a toddler could pay that.
If you want cheap and easy hosting try out http://byondpanel.com

If you know how to click a button you know how to host with byondpanel its that easy!

Alternatively you could join our 2x1month free hosting comp!

http://byondpanel.com/contest/