ID:103565

I'll skip right past the boring excuses and jump to what you're interested in.

I've contacted ATP Hosting but currently waiting on a reply. In the meantime we've been trying to get the lufika.com server working again; you may have noticed it came online for a few minutes yesterday.

As far as we know the server is ready to go, I would have liked to started testing today but unfortunately I'm away this weekend. It probably isn't a good idea to release something I'm not there for. When I get back I'll be looking to get it up immediately.

Unless something goes horribly wrong we should see DMO up for testing next week. Please don't get your hopes up too much, very little of the game is done but having player feedback will keep me motivated and pushing forward instead of tweaking unimportant things.

-----------------------------------------

Here's a couple of screenshots showing basic interface. Obviously it's unfinished and still in alpha phases.

Lobby: Duelists will create a "room" with specific options. Other duelists can join this room, when the host is ready they can start the duel.

Currently just plain text but will eventually have a more appealing interface.

Dueling: Most of the game will use this same interface. Messages along the bottom, controls on the left and map on the right.

I haven't finalized anything because I want player feedback and ideas before I invest too much time finishing the interface.

A taskbar along the bottom will have buttons and notifications, probably some messages and whatever else players can come up with that fits well. Essentially I want a nice clean way to display information.

Most of the interface is adjustable. Keeping everyone happy.

The buttons are just kind of dumped there for now, as I update and gather feedback it will be nicer and easier to use.

Screen resolution will affect card clarity, obviously low resolutions will have to shrink the map while HD monitors will display it larger or actual size. So far it looks good 1024x768 to 1920x1080.

Hopefully I'll see everyone next week.
LOL no tag,battle royal duels? only 1v1 duels?(this sux..)
That's right. No tag-team or battle royal duels in the alpha tests.

If the lack of these dueling modes is enough of a problem I would be happy to postpone testing until those are ready.

Although from a developer viewpoint I would like to have 1 vs 1 tested and polished to work out any bugs before starting on tag/battle royal.
so you think the game will be running next week?
Kajika wrote:
That's right. No tag-team or battle royal duels in the alpha tests.

If the lack of these dueling modes is enough of a problem I would be happy to postpone testing until those are ready.

Although from a developer viewpoint I would like to have 1 vs 1 tested and polished to work out any bugs before starting on tag/battle royal.

Stick to your current rollout strategy, you will find it'll reveal general UI issues that you can learn from when adding new game types.
BoTisHerE wrote:

You're an idiot. Just let the dude work. He will eventually add that stuff in.
its just start dude...i know he is trying to make the game better than before.....

do ur work kajika i know u r trying ur best...
BoTisHerE wrote:

You can have one of them in and working okay, or all of them in and broken. You decide.
The graphic look awesome, just one thing that bad about game in a lobby is that some people will just disconnect when they about to lose and you will be very pissed when that happen
PrideGreed wrote:
The graphic look awesome, just one thing that bad about game in a lobby is that some people will just disconnect when they about to lose and you will be very pissed when that happen

I'm sure there will be some sort of penalty for quitting mid-duel in the future, if there isn't already.
So u saying that we will no longer move around and search for tables like before ?
It will look more like the other games connected with yu gi oh for PC psp and so on.
Damn i realy liked the old DMO style, it was different then everything else. Not to mention u coud watch other ppl dueling just by moving around. True the graphics werent big deal but i kinda liked it to move aournd with custmised clothes and stuff.
Dont get me wrong, I apretiate what u doing just saying i liked old style of Dmo better.
Now on the subject ye interface looks nice :). Looking forward to when I can kick some online monsters :D
Kajika, those graphics look fantastic! I'm sooooo curious on how the actual game is gonna work and look like, wow!
Keep up the great work, and i'll hope to get you some useful feedback when the game gets back online.
Prime
A suggestion can be to implement a toggle to switch between 1st person and 3rd person view dueling. I don't know if that would be a good or bad idea.
well obviously some of the updates wont please everyone if your gonna get mad because you dont like the changes in a game seriously i mean come on like
I gotta say, I will miss the old style of DMO, but the new style shown here looks rather good. I really like the larger card picture instead of like genesis, where their about the size of my pinky nail.(I have small hands btw). I can't wait for this game to be back up, but feel free to take your time. :P
This was the first game i played on Byond. It's down right amazing. Luring nubs into the Shadow Realm hole and then owning them with my gods. Good times, good times. :)
i like the idea of it being like this but i personally like having an avatar
Dinomaster45 wrote:
This was the first game i played on Byond. It's down right amazing. Luring nubs into the Shadow Realm hole and then owning them with my gods. Good times, good times. :)

how is beating nubs fun o_o
Man this game rocks I mean seal of oricalcos making impossibly ridiculous it's awesome keep up the good work man
This game might be the best game on BYOND ever created
Page: 1 2 3