ID:105474

Keywords: halp
First! If someone gets a Ph.d in Philosophy... what would their job exactly be? Seems useless to me...

Second! I have a weapon I want to make but sadly I know nothing of welding nor blacksmithing or anything like that. But I have a weapon I want to create. I have the items for it which I show below and I was wondering if anyone knows who I would go to to make it or how to do it myself. I want to hand make it or have someone else do it cause on the internet the weapon is about $200. Homemade about... $50.

So I have a bo staff...

And a manji sai...

I want to mount the sai on the end of the bo staff so that way it becomes this... a nunti bo.

Anyone know how I could exactly do this? What would be required to fit the sai into the bo and make it so it stays and can do strikes without breaking or falling.
well i'm no blacksmith but i might have a theory if you were to find out exactly how big the Sai is where u want to stick it into the Bo and if you get a Drill bit to EXACTLY that size no bigger no smaller so it would be a snug fit i know for a fact wood expands in water then then soak the tip with the sai in it maybe over night or so and the wood would expand thus getting a tighter hold on the sai

this is just a theory but the facts right i am unaware if the wood stay's expanded after it drys out.. but that could be something you could research

hope this helps :)
Stargateunlimited wrote:
well i'm no blacksmith but i might have a theory if you were to find out exactly how big the Sai is where u want to stick it into the Bo and if you get a Drill bit to EXACTLY that size no bigger no smaller so it would be a snug fit i know for a fact wood expands in water then then soak the tip with the sai in it maybe over night or so and the wood would expand thus getting a tighter hold on the sai

this is just a theory but the facts right i am unaware if the wood stay's expanded after it drys out.. but that could be something you could research

hope this helps :)

I've thought of doing something like that. Getting the hole snug as possible. I've thought about maybe putting a type of super glue all throughout the sai and stick it in there but I'm not sure if that would work out great. Much planning is needed I guess lol.
yea definatly i'm sure you can find something on google on how to create weapons i'm sure of it google is like a Vast Store house of Knowledge if the internet ever die's will all become stupid :P cuz will have no information :P
hmm when you finish this how about we spar... i will use my bowie knife and u use this... who will win?
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
hmm when you finish this how about we spar... i will use my bowie knife and u use this... who will win?

I've got range... ;)
ive got speed lol
Range beats speed ez
Super glue sai's handle. STICK IT INSIDE THAT WET HOLE and then wait for like a day, come back then glare your eyes at that masterpiece.