ACWraith wrote:
While the votes appear to be swinging towards red as I type this, I'd be concerned about the red-white colorblind. I'm guessing that it would have low contrast sort of like the white on gray.

That's a good thought. I typically try to at least give some consideration to color blindness issues in stuff like this (ex: I know that a big no-no is black on blue). That said, I don't know if I'd outright avoid using red in this situation just to accommodate that.

If we do go with red and encounter a color blind player with an issue down the road, a quick update to allow him/her to toggle to another color would be very easy to do.
You might also consider just making it all purely customizable, then?
Have a primary hud style that's blue and white and then have a secondary hud style that's customizable. Maybe even make more menus that use the secondary hud style on future updates.
Oasiscircle wrote:
You might also consider just making it all purely customizable, then?

Yeah, this idea has come up before. It would be a super simple thing to implement, but I'm on the fence about it.

Call it a quality control issue I guess. I know that it would only affect the individual who changes the colors, but it still irks me on some levels. I'd also like screenshots/videos that people take and post online of the game to look consistent.
Page: 1 2