ID:132693

(Yes, I'm having .txt woes as if late. Pardon the multiple threads.)

So, I'm trying to find a method to ban users via CID, IP and Key, and I was told that hostban.txt did just that by applying these IDs automatically at session-rejection. Problem is, it's not even banning the key.

Here's what the .txt consists of:
KeyHere flags=6&message=Message%21&reason=Reason
It only adds the IP/CID if you check it to be a sticky ban, otherwise it just blocks the key.
In response to Quaddw
The game is hosted on a Linux server, and I do not port through Dream Daemon, so I cannot "check" the usual fields that apply a sticky ban, but rather just edit the txt files.

Need to format the .txt for a sticky ban (which attaches a CID and IP with the key), just not sure how.
TruthKLS wrote:
(Yes, I'm having .txt woes as if late. Pardon the multiple threads.)

So, I'm trying to find a method to ban users via CID, IP and Key, and I was told that hostban.txt did just that by applying these IDs automatically at session-rejection. Problem is, it's not even banning the key.

Here's what the .txt consists of:
KeyHere flags=6&message=Message%21&reason=Reason

The entry you posted applies a sticky ban that expires after a certain amount of time, but you don't specify a time so I reckon it's automatically expiring. Change the 'flags' to 4 and it'll be a non-expiration sticky ban.
In response to Audeuro
Alright, that fixed it.

Thanks.