ID:132969

this could really help a person that had his computer crash

ok lets say i was making a game (which i was) and i had already posted v1(i did) but then my com crashed and i had to recreate the whole system(ok this is a real life scenario) well what about the game normaly it gets broken url but what if the creator of the game could recover his last update by getting on byond and clicking a recovery button??? what do you think???
Why would 'the game get broken url'?
And you can do this already, if you upload your files to your memberspace as hidden.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
what if someone didnt and it would be easier with a button
In response to Mastermatthew
An extra button for this could actually make a nice membership feature.
I think that 'save your projects with us' would sounds nice on the feature list.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
I think that 'save your projects with us' would sounds nice on the feature list.

That and a monthly, or annual, namechange ability to change your key. o_o
In response to Mista-mage123
Mista-mage123 wrote:
Schnitzelnagler wrote:

That and a monthly, or annual, namechange ability to change your key. o_o

No, that's a horrible idea.

Also: a button to "back up" your game is a horrible idea. No, they can't make a button that automatically grabs all your project files, so it would have to be EXACTLY THE SAME as the upload button, at which point the conclusion to make is "well that is redundant and pointless".
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
Also: a button to "back up" your game is a horrible idea. No, they can't make a button that automatically grabs all your project files, so it would have to be EXACTLY THE SAME as the upload button, at which point the conclusion to make is "well that is redundant and pointless".

Aside from possible security risks; I don't see a problem with making this. How do you figure they wouldn't be able to make an automated "button" to do this? It shouldn't be very difficult to make at all. I don't see why they couldn't just add a 4th package file option that does just this. Though as I said, I can see it being a serious security risk.
The time spent making this would probably just be a waste though, I doubt many people would use it, and you can already do it yourself manually if you want.
Mastermatthew wrote:
this could really help a person that had his computer crash

ok lets say i was making a game (which i was) and i had already posted v1(i did) but then my com crashed and i had to recreate the whole system(ok this is a real life scenario) well what about the game normaly it gets broken url but what if the creator of the game could recover his last update by getting on byond and clicking a recovery button??? what do you think???

While this probably won't be implemented, a great alternative is Dropbox. It automatically synchronizes and stores your "files" on a remote server.
I'm the king of lost sources. Poor poor Pokemon Gold / Silver remake, I just wish I had heard of Dropbox beforehand.