In response to Falacy
Well, that kinda sort-of exists. When making a new file and deciding on its location, you can create new folders in your project folder there.

Doesn't work for me, always says Directory does not exist.
EDIT: Oh I see you can do it from the browsey window.

I still think that being able to type Byondgame/newfolder/Newdm.dm would be much faster and easier
Falacy wrote:
1. Default verb category for mobs. This would work sorta like the default_verb_category client variable, except it would apply to mobs. ie: mob/GM/default_verb_category="GM" or obj/Equipment/default_verb_category="Equipment". It would help save on space and repeat coding.

It's kinda simple to do it yourself for mobs.
mob/var/default_verb_category = "Commands"

mob/Login()
..()
client.default_verb_category = default_verb_category

mob/GM/default_verb_category = "GM"
In response to Kuraudo
Kuraudo wrote:
It's kinda simple to do it yourself for mobs.
mob/var/default_verb_category = "Commands"
>
> mob/Login()
> ..()
> client.default_verb_category = default_verb_category
>
> mob/GM/default_verb_category = "GM"

wtf would be the point of that? That would do exactly what client.default_verb_category already does.
If you're a GM I don't want EVERY verb in the game in the GM tab. I want all GM verbs in the GM tab, and all whatever other verbs in other tabs they should be in.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
If you're a GM I don't want EVERY verb in the game in the GM tab. I want all GM verbs in the GM tab, and all whatever other verbs in other tabs.

Then you didn't specify what you wanted to do very well. From what I gathered it sounded like you wanted to separate based on mob types, not make a system based on you adding verbs from one mob type to other mob types. It would be useful in games where there are entirely different mob types with different roles; i.e.
mob
animal
default_verb_category = "Furry Stuff"
verb/Lick()
verb/Growl()
// ...
human
default_verb_category = "Abuse"
verb/Kick()
verb/Smack()
verb/Scowl()
// ...
In response to Kuraudo
Kuraudo wrote:
Then you didn't specify what you wanted to do very well. From what I gathered it sounded like you wanted to separate based on mob types, not make a system based on you adding verbs from one mob type to other mob types. It would be useful in games where there are entirely different mob types with different roles; i.e.
mob
> animal
> default_verb_category = "Furry Stuff"
> verb/Lick()
> verb/Growl()
> // ...
> human
> default_verb_category = "Abuse"
> verb/Kick()
> verb/Smack()
> verb/Scowl()
> // ...

Everyone else seemed to understand me just fine. I think the problem is that you don't know what default_verb_category does; Because that example you just posted would do exactly the same thing I just said I didn't want done... again.
In response to Falacy
Albeit I didn't, I think he just misunderstood you, and probably wouldn't have if your initial post explained it in a slightly more clarifying manner.
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Everyone else seemed to understand me just fine. I think the problem is that you don't know what default_verb_category does; Because that example you just posted would do exactly the same thing I just said I didn't want done... again.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what it does, and I think you're inventing special uses of it in your head.

And as for it doing the same thing you didn't want done:
It would be useful in games where there are entirely different mob types with different roles

I clearly specified why I was listing that. Just because you don't have a use for something doesn't mean that the singular idea you have of a usage is the only way something is useful.
In response to Kuraudo
Kuraudo wrote:
I'm pretty sure I know exactly what it does, and I think you're inventing special uses of it in your head.

Yes, I'm inventing special uses, that would be the point of the feature request.
obj/Equipment
default_verb_category="Equipment" //only writing it one time...
verb/Equip()
//instead of here...
verb/UnEquip()
//and here...
verb/Drop()
//and here...
verb/Get()
//and here...
verb/Check()
//and here!

I clearly specified why I was listing that. Just because you don't have a use for something doesn't mean that the singular idea you have of a usage is the only way something is useful.

Yay for you? If people are talking about what to water plants with, and mention some sort of liquid, and you start talking about drinking it; you're not exactly being productive in regards to the topic at hand.
In response to Falacy
default_verb_category places any verbs not given a category in said category. His example does EXACTLY what you want, if you fail to 'set category' for any of the subtypes it'll place those verbs in the default category you specified for that type.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
default_verb_category places any verbs not given a category in said category. His example does EXACTLY what you want, if you fail to 'set category' for any of the subtypes it'll place those verbs in the default category you specified for that type.

Uh oh, looks like somebody hit Nadrew with the stupid stick >=(
What happens when I go to make GM verbs? I have to set the category on every single one of them unless I want them in the Equipment tab. What happens to all my generic verbs like Say, Who, etc, they all end up in the Equipment tab too.
In response to Falacy
You're right, I realized it as soon as I posted. Unfortunately my dial-up isn't quick enough to delete a post before it gets a reply.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
You're right, I realized it as soon as I posted. Unfortunately my dial-up isn't quick enough to delete a post before it gets a reply.

We should start a Donate to Nadrew fund so he can get some decent internets =P
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
Nadrew wrote:

We should start a Donate to Nadrew fund so he can get some decent internets =P

Supported.
Page: 1 2