ID:133851

Could you please bring back the old macro system in 4.0? the new one sucks in my opinion and if the game doesn't have it coded in for the ".alt" then the macro's go in your text bar and build up, you cant really hold down a macro either you have to keep pressing it, thats just really annoying, some people like to get a paperweight and put it on the key and just rest their finger... I hope i'm not the only one that disagree's with this idea...
I like the simplicity of the new macro system, but the old one is a little weird... I mean, we could have the new setup for them, but the old handling of them. I like the idea though. :D
I feel the current Macro system is much more flexible than the one in 3.5. If you can't use macros in 3.5 games, type in .alt in the command line and click on the game screen and execute the macros.
In response to Kakashi24142
yah but sometimes it dont work y'know?
Yeah, that's what I do in REO.
In response to Chewyy
Then relog if it's automatically in the chat bar... Simple fix, no?
In response to Jman9901
its not auto in 3.5 and REO is coded to have .alt in it, but if you go on a game say like Bleach las Noches which is in 3.5, you cant type .alt it'll just put the macro's in the textbox with it
Well I think the new macro system has potential,

but I think there needs to be a button on the keyboard to toggle between macro mode and "text" mode or whatever its called, since currently you have to click the map or text box with your mouse to get back to macro mode which is REALLY annoying.

How about the Alt button? That button serves no purpose in byond, why not make it the toggle between macro and text mode?
In response to Dragonn
I say they bring the macro button back to make it say (macro) again or the new .alt
In response to ChewBaka Inc.
Yea good idea, that way whenever you type something (like Say") in the box and finish your message and hit enter, it just goes back to saying (macro) again, and if you want to do say" again all you have to do is hit backspace and type it
In response to Dragonn
I think that what people need to do is look into the new system and how to adapt their games to work with it. Stepping backwards isn't the way to go, people should be engineering their games to work.
The new version has the ALT button now. Anyways, you can set macros to repeat.
In response to Kaiochao2536
I tried that but it dont work, I set it to repeat and it doesn't even do it once, and when I type .alt the macro I press goes into the say bar, I have to hold alt for any macro's to work and I cant hold them down, I have to press them repeatably
Typing .alt won't do anything. It's the button that changes the input's command to ".alt", not you typing it manually.

And you have to check the Repeat box when you setup the macro.
OK, when you create a macro you will see several check boxes:
ALT, CTRL, SHIFT, Repeat

Uncheck ALT, CTRL, and SHIFT, and hit Repeat. Problem solved