ID:135179

I think that the descriptions for Newbie Central and Code Problems need to be changed. "Get help with making your program do what you want." and "Drop in to introduce yourself and ask questions to the oldbies." simply aren't enough. Code Problems, for example, needs to have something about how actual code has to be included.

I know that the correct descriptions can be accesssed in the forum Help files, but I still think that the descriptions need modification. Right now, there's a Newbie Central post in Code Problems almost every day.
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
I think that the descriptions for Newbie Central and Code Problems need to be changed. "Get help with making your program do what you want." and "Drop in to introduce yourself and ask questions to the oldbies." simply aren't enough. Code Problems, for example, needs to have something about how actual code has to be included.

I know that the correct descriptions can be accesssed in the forum Help files, but I still think that the descriptions need modification. Right now, there's a Newbie Central post in Code Problems almost every day.

I agree that people should make sure they post the right stuff in the right place, and on that note, I didn't see an answer in your post. Is there one? :)
I also think there should be a Newbie Code Problems forum, seperate from Code Problems and Newbie Central
This has been brought up many times. Do a forum search.

I'm not sure why they haven't done anything though.
In response to Airjoe
"They", meaning Mike H, haven't done anything because no set-in-stone perfect board names and descriptions have yet been devised. =)
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
"They", meaning Mike H, haven't done anything because no set-in-stone perfect board names and descriptions have yet been devised. =)

Post [link]

There were tons of great suggestions in there, including some from Mike himself.

I agree that Newbie Central should come before Code Problems in the forum list. Or at least not the last thing.