ID:136094

i can host an all right but the problem is when people try to join it says connection failed.
Siefer wrote:
i can host an all right but the problem is when people try to join it says connection failed.

Run a forum search for the same topic.. There's been a million posts on this topic, main reason being you probably have a firewall.

-Camaro-
In response to Camaro
i did run a search i only came up with like 2 posts not pertaining to my problem. i downloaded byond so i dont think i have a firewall. its possible.
In response to Siefer
ok well if i do have a fire wall how do i find/get rid of it??
In response to Camaro
well i've reinstalled byond and ive run a forum check and nothing really seems to do the trick. i have windows xp and i just got a new computer today. if anyone can help i would really really appreciate it.
In response to Siefer
Siefer wrote:
ok well if i do have a fire wall how do i find/get rid of it??

I don't think you can get rid of it, You can disable it though..But you have to open a port, and host through that port If anyone can give him better instructions, please do.

-Camaro-
In response to Siefer
Windows XP has a built-in firewall. You need to disable it, or open specific ports in it (which you can then host through). I'm not exactly sure where the settings for that are, but try the Control Panel. =)