ID:138790

I'm using Forum Account's pixel movement system. The intermediate demo but I'd like to calibrate the camera because I'm having the player walk off the camera and events like that which aren't good at all.

My client.view is "22x16" and my icon_size is 16.

Anyone know how to do this? Maybe Forum_Account himself? I'm not a member so I can't contact him in any manor apart from the pager and he's not online :( Bad luck I guess.

Thanks for your help.
I'm pretty sure that non-members can post on my forum, it's the best way to get help with the library.

By default the camera will scroll to cover the whole map. You can set the camera's minx, maxx, miny, and maxy vars to limit its range.

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you want the camera to follow the mob so they can't walk out of view? Or do you want to detect when the player has walked out of view and update the camera's position then?
I still don't have this working. How would you set up the camera for "22x16" and 16x16 icons?
In response to Despa1r
Despa1r wrote:
I still don't have this working. How would you set up the camera for "22x16" and 16x16 icons?

There's nothing special you have to do, just set world.view to "22x16" and world.icon_size to 16.

I asked you some questions in another post. I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the camera exactly or what problem you're having. If you could explain it better I'm sure I could help.
In response to Forum_account
Okay, I've done that. They've always been set. My issue is that when i Login() and play, my character moves off camera. For example I might be walking left through a corridor and my character will travel off camera. Then I will move right to go back on camera and it will start moving left. It's like it's off centre.
In response to Despa1r
Despa1r wrote:
Okay, I've done that. They've always been set. My issue is that when i Login() and play, my character moves off camera. For example I might be walking left through a corridor and my character will travel off camera. Then I will move right to go back on camera and it will start moving left. It's like it's off centre.

Did you change any of the camera's properties? Is there anything in the code that modifies the camera.lag var or any other vars of the camera object? Maybe you accidentally have a demo from the library included - open the library in Dream Maker and double check that no demos are checked off.