return
if(M.inarena&&usr.inarena)
usr<<"Your allredy in the arena."
return
if(usr.injail==1&&M.injail==1)
usr<<"Not while your jailed."
return
else
world << "<b><font size =2>Arena News:</b></i></u>[M] has been challenged by [usr]!"
M.time()//may be reason
switch(input(M,"You have been challenged by [src]",text) in list ("Accept","Decline"))
if("Accept")
if(M.timeout)
M<<"This challenge has expired."
M.timeout=0
return
else
M.loc = locate(226,116,2)
usr.loc = locate(252,116,2)
arenainuse=1
usr.inarena=1
M.inarena=1
M.timeout=0
world << "<b><font size =2>Arena News:</b></i></u>[M] and the challanger [usr] has entered the Arena!"
if("Decline")
usr.inarena=0
M.inarena=0
M.timeout=0
world << "<b><font size =2>Arena News:</b></i></u>[M] had declined the challange!"
}

var/arenainuse
mob/var/inarena
mob/var/tmp/timeout

mob
proc
time(mob/M)
usr<<"Countown 30 seconds for your opponent to answer."
sleep(350)
if(M.inarena) return
usr<<"Failed to respond..."
M.timeout=1
return

Problem description:
The verb works great(i made it from scratch yesterday), but the timeout function doesnt work. I am just trying to make a sample arena system, but I am trying to do a system so say some one is afk, they dont answer to decline or accept, i want it so after 30 seconds or so if u answer u wont be taken to the challenge arena. and it would say M<<"This challenge has expired.", so in case some one is busy some where else and forgot about the challenge, 2 hours later they in arena and they could have been in the middle of something important. So please give assistance, i tried using the continue proc but it didnt work. Help me please.
ok so far no progress....
Wouldn't it be better to just close the input after a certain amount of time (and leave the player a message that he missed a challenge if you wish)?

That is, without reading your code.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
But how would that work for my type of verb, i dont want an input, i want a selection.
In response to Louisthe10
As far as I can tell you used the input procedure to get the return value of that "selection", now, didn't you?
(i made it from scratch yesterday)

[AdamSavage]Well THERE'S your problem...[/AdamSavage]

See, apart from the abysmal structure of that verb, your timeout procedure itself is flawed. calling the timeout proc will just hang there waiting for the timer. Without taking too much time reading what you've done, I'd assume you could spawn the proc and so on...
But your best bet would be to follow Schnitz's link...