ID:141589

Code:
mob/player
Login()
world << "<b> \red [usr] logs on!"
alert("Welcome to the demo. This is a test to see if the game works fairly well. Any suggestions to improve it are welcome. Any reports of bugs or glitches are requested. Thanks for your time.","Welcome","Ok")
src.name = input("What is your name?","Name",src.key)
switch(input("What would you like to be? (Sorry, but there's only one choice avalible at the moment)")in list("Drider"))
if("Drider")
usr.icon = 'DriderMale.dmi'
usr.Species = "Drider"
switch(input("What gender?")in list("Male","Female")
if("Male")
usr.Gender = "Male"
switch(input("What color of fur would you like?")in list("Red","Blue","Green","Black","Yellow","Gray","Purple","Pink","Brown","Orange","White","Magneta")
if("Red")

Problem description:
No matter what I do, the following code pops up for lines 11 and 14 even though the parenthesis exists.

Login.dm:11:error: if: missing comma ',' or right-paren ')'
The second switch statement is where your problem is.

[Edit]

I missed one. That's what I get for being too lazy to scroll over.
switch(input("What color of fur would you like?")in list("Red","Blue","Green","Black","Yellow","Gray","Purple","Pink","Brown","Orange","White","Magneta")

Without reading your code for functionality, there are two parenthesis missing here for sure.

switch(input("What gender?")in list("Male","Female"))
switch(input("What color of fur would you like?")in list("Red","Blue","Green","Black","Yellow","Gray","Purple"," Pink","Brown","Orange","White","Magneta"))

In such a case, just count the ones you open and the ones you're closing.

Edit: I was a bit slower , but I found to missing parenthesis *grins*
There are two parenthesis missing, but there not missing from where you might expect. DM runs into problems when you move on to new statements without closing the parenthesis from your old statements; what that means is that DM generally has problems with the code written after the missing parentheses. So, if DM tells you that it ran into an unclosed parenthesis error while trying to compile line 6, and you check line 6 and it has all the parenthesis it needs, then you should check line 5. In this case, there are two parenthesis missing on the lines 10 and 13.

Line 10:

Line 13:
switch(input("What color [...]?")in list("Red",[...],"Magneta")