ID:142522

Code:

Problem description:I can't include the code for what doesn't work because I have no idea what is causing the problem. First of all I am absolutely sure that my this game did not have this problem 2 years ago because I continued to host it and had players for most of 2007.

The problem itself is simple, when a player connects they are lagged to the point that they only make it past the login sequence about half the time before they freeze completely. I've loaded backups of previous versions of the game and all of them, which worked fine with even 10 players connected at once now dont allow anyone to connect.

The strangest thing of all is that when I login from the computer that I am hosting on there is no lag at all and I everything looks fine. I'm able to host my other games without a problem so its something that is specific to this game.

Some things that were different in 2007 when the game worked fine are that I was using my old computer that ran windows xp and my new one runs windows vista. Another difference is that I think my old computer had byond version 3.51 and this one has 3.55

People have tried using 4.0 to connect and also 3.5 and everyone has the exact same problem connecting to my game. This is really upsetting because something that I spent years working on and worked before no longer works and I have no way of knowing even where to start trying to fix it.

which game?