ID:147879

Does anyone know the code for logining and choosing a character without runing a game and having to be invisable?(i didnt attempt to make a choosing character line of code cause i know i would fail)

mob/other/choosing_character
Login()
usr.loc=locate(1,1,1)
usr << "Welcome to CrossFire, [usr.name]."
view() << "[usr] logs in."

mob
characters
cooler
icon = 'turfs.dmi'
icon_state = "cooler"
guy
icon = 'turfs.dmi'
icon_state = "guy"

That is all i have right now in the login file, i want to make it so i can play as "guy" or "cooler" both iconstates in 'turfs.dmi'.
Pagemaster wrote:
Does anyone know the code for logining and choosing a character without runing a game and having to be invisable?(i didnt attempt to make a choosing character line of code cause i know i would fail)

Login()
usr.loc=locate(1,1,1)

mob
characters
cooler
icon = 'turfs.dmi'
icon_state = "cooler"
guy
icon = 'turfs.dmi'
icon_state = "guy"

That is all i have right now in the login file, i want to make it so i can play as "guy" or "cooler" both iconstates in 'turfs.dmi'.

This should be in newbie central, as you have no code that is causing you problems. And another thing, since your going to be switching mobs in the character create thing I would suggest changing usr to src, as usr would refer to the old mob (what the player used to be).
In response to Wanabe
Wanabe wrote:
Pagemaster wrote:

Login()
usr.loc=locate(1,1,1)

mob
characters
cooler
icon = 'turfs.dmi'
icon_state = "cooler"
guy
icon = 'turfs.dmi'
icon_state = "guy"

This should be in newbie central, as you have no code that is causing you problems. And another thing, since your going to be switching mobs in the character create thing I would suggest changing usr to src, as usr would refer to the old mob (what the player used to be).

ok, thanks i'll move it to newbie central right now.