ID:148418

In a DBZ shooter I'm making. Yes I know a DBZ game I don't want to here it. I'm surprised myself to be finding me making a DBZ game. Luckily non Zeta Related. anyways I keep geting this error message after a minut or 2 of playing.

runtime error: Maximum recursion level reached (perhaps there is an infinite loop)
To avoid this safety check, set world.loop_checks=0.
proc name: shootcheck (/mob/proc/shootcheck)
usr: Codesterz (/mob)
src: Codesterz (/mob)
call stack:

That infinite loop is supposed to happen. I'm not quite sure where the error is but most likely here.

mob/proc/shootcheck()
sleep(10)
if(usr.shoot >= usr.maxshoot)
usr.shoot = usr.maxshoot
shootcheck()
else
usr.shoot += 1
shootcheck()

This is proc is called when you login and is supposed to be happening constantly. This reloads some ki.

Getting rid of the sleep() and instead putting spawn(10) src.shotcheck() should fix it. And its a proc, use src, not usr.
In response to OneFishDown
This is my damage system from Malver's War Demo. How would I make it add a kill for the killer and a death for the killed? No matter what I do it won't work.

mob/proc/Damage(var/mob/ch, var/dam)
ch.hp -= dam
ch << "You take [dam] damage!"
if(ch.hp < 1)
ch.deaths += 1
world << "[ch.name] has been killed!"
ch.loc = locate(1,1,1)
ch.hp = 100
return
In response to Codesterz
Codesterz wrote:
This is my damage system from Malver's War Demo. How would I make it add a kill for the killer and a death for the killed? No matter what I do it won't work.

mob/proc/Damage(var/mob/ch, var/dam)
ch.hp -= dam
ch << "You take [dam] damage!"
if(ch.hp < 1)
ch.deaths += 1
world << "[ch.name] has been killed!"

I would've thought damage would be set up the other way, where src is the damagee and ch is the damager. But so far so good; you just have to increment src.kills.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Still not working. I really need it to work otherwise there is no way to level up. Then you can't get the other attacks
In response to Codesterz
Are you using a bumping projectile to cause damage?

If so, you will have to give it an owner variable when it is created and then updage owner:kills

Salarn