ID:148950

I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my machine or what, but I am experiencing some difficulties with saving. Certain Data is written properly, and I can verify that, but when it's loaded after a reboot, one part is missing. The only thing that isn't there when I call it again is the path of an object I stored.

-Koshigia-
Koshigia wrote:
I'm not sure if it's something wrong with my machine or what, but I am experiencing some difficulties with saving. Certain Data is written properly, and I can verify that, but when it's loaded after a reboot, one part is missing. The only thing that isn't there when I call it again is the path of an object I stored.

-Koshigia-

Hmmm maybe this has somthing to do with Wbs Pet bug Hmmmm what you think WB?
I'll be more specific this time... I write info to a savefile. But when I reboot, it doesn't read. So... I made this verb to tell me what is being written to the savefile..

mob/verb/cyclesave()
var/savefile/H = new("Data/Objects.map")
var/tmp/count
var/tmp/cont=1
while(cont==1)
count+=1
var/tmp/path
var/tmp/x
var/tmp/y
var/tmp/z
H["[count].path"] >> path
H["[count].x"] >> x
H["[count].y"] >> y
H["[count].z"] >> z
world << "[path] - ([x],[y],[z])"
if(count>=3) cont=0

After the info is written, I use the verb and it tells me what is saved, looking something like this.

/obj/sword/copper - (5,6,1)

Then, after I reboot the server I run the proc again and the return is different, even though I have not designated anywhere for anything to be written to that savefile again.
This is what is returned to me after the reboot.

- (5,6,1)

It seems to me that part of the data just.. isn't staying written?