ID:152629

I am a BIG fan of the Firefly/Serenity 'verse and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in working with me on this game. Anybody got any ideas. So far I was thinking you can be a mercanary (Example Jayne), Alliance Soldier (Example, well every asshole who chases after river etc.), and Bounty Hunter (For example the bounty hunter from Objects in Space). You could buy a ship after you make so much money. Mercanaries would start on outerim planets and Alliance Soldiers would start on a central planet, same thing with bounty hunters. You
could beable to do missions (Quest Style things) as smuggling etc. for mercanaries, Bounty Hunters would beable to do quests sent by Alliance, and Alliance soldiers would get a X2 bonus if they kill wanted men. I will need a iconer, and some beta testers. I am ussualy online on WoS (World of Suidi my new game), check me out on there. Anybody got any ideas, or weapon ideas list them here.
I think the most important thing here is to stay as close as possible to the theme and mood of the series; but don't put in characters that appear in the series. Not even minor ones. Nobody but Joss Whedon can really capture the voice of those characters, so it's much safer to steer clear of them.

This kind of game can be pretty fun when done well, so good luck to you!

Alliance soldiers would get a X2 bonus if they kill wanted men.

So what, they'd still get a bonus if they killed someone who wasn't wanted? =) And I hope that killing non-criminals isn't something that players are allowed to do either... I mean, the Alliance may be evil, but they're not that overt about it!

As for weapons, I think most of the Alliance weapons should be non-lethal. Remember in Ariel when Jayne takes that high-tech weapon off an Alliance soldier and tries to shoot the lock off a door, but it does absolutely nothing? It's the same weapon that gets used on them when they get captured in that episode. Nonlethal, harmless to anything that isn't organic, but hurts like crap when it hits you.

The upper levels of the Alliance clearly have more lethal weapons (the Blue Hands' sonic thing and the Operative's sword, for example - though these are personal weapons, not something that most people would have), but the rank-and-file and even most of their superiors should start out with nonlethal weapons. And seeing as taking people down non-lethally is so easy, there should be stiff penalties for killing anyone who isn't wanted or a criminal.

If a bounty hunter kills someone who isn't wanted, that's murder too, so they'd become wanted themselves if they killed too many people... and then bounty hunters could come after them! *grin* That could get interesting.

Obviously the penalties for killing in the border worlds would be less than those of a core world, simply because the Alliance cares less about the border worlds.
In response to Crispy
I agree alltogether. I hope to keep to the orignal series path, and feature orignal characters all together. I like the idea of bounty hunters after other Bounty Hunters. Hehe. Well, are you interested in helping me? I would love to get some extra help on this project especcialy ships and characters. I want to have like clothes, so everyone wont look alike. If anyone has it a map of the planets in the Serenity 'verse. Im googling that in school now. So ttyl
In response to Devindrover
I don't believe there is a comprehensive map of the 'verse, but it is a single solar system with only one sun but many planets. There's no hyperdrive, after all!

There is a map displayed in the background at one point in Serenity (near the beginning, behind the teacher) so you might be able to find a screenshot of that. Or look at the DVD yourself... you do have the Serenity DVD, right? ;-)

Unfortunately I have way too much on my plate already, so all I can do besides offering advice is wish you luck. =) Sorry.
In response to Crispy
There a paper and pencil Serenity RPG. If you can find it, I know it has some detailed information that would be hard to put together from the series... including a chapter on Chinese cussin'.