ID:156495

How would I go about making it so the mob can't move, but you can still move the view (while in scope mode) to find a target. Also, how would I go about adding the scope overlay? What kind of an icon would I use? Just a multi-tile icon?
Lugia319 wrote:
How would I go about making it so the mob can't move, but you can still move the view (while in scope mode) to find a target. Also, how would I go about adding the scope overlay? What kind of an icon would I use? Just a multi-tile icon?

@ client movement:

Return the movement on a variable with an if statement, else ..() which goes through its normal process.

@ Camera View:

Set up macros that run verbs, and in those verbs, if your movement is prevented, move your client's sight.

@ Scope overlay:

Add an overlay to the client screen if you want.
In response to OrangeWeapons
Is it possible actually freeze mob and move sight? Like my frozen verb stops movement and sight. What should I be using to keep sight movable?
In response to Lugia319
You'd want to attach client.eye to some other object, and have client/Move() (or client/North(), South(), Northeast(), etc.) move that object instead.
In response to Garthor
So I'd make the scope center this other object. But does that mean I lose the mob being attached to client?
In response to Lugia319
No. Changing a client's eye does not change its mob.
In response to Garthor
Right, thanks.