ID:156687

How do I set them up through the interface file?
*coughbumptothefirstpagecough*
I'm just guessing at what you mean here. When I want to add some macros, I open the interface file in DreamMaker, and then double click on the entry for the macros used by the interface window I want. I've only ever used one set of macros, so I just change the default one.

The UI should be pretty self explanatory. It has a spot for the key that triggers the macro, a spot for the command that gets triggered (this should probably be a verb of some sort) and various checkboxes to modify some details.
When working with interfaces (and skins) most of the time you'l be setting up macros for a player. Do keep in mind that when setting up macros, you have to think about how the player's verbs correspond to them.

TO MAKE A NEW INTERFACE FILE:
-- Go into File
-- Click "New..."
-- Select "Interface File (.dmf) and give it a name

TO ADD A MACRO
-- Go to the top "list" in the interface file. This is "macros"
-- Click "New Macro List..."

TO MAKE CHANGES TO A MACRO
-----
Double-click the macro. Inside, you should see a list of key combinations and their corresponding commands.

To add a new macro combo for this macro, hit "New Macro..."

You should be able to set up a new key combination, as well as give it a command.

NOTE: Verbs in the DM code and in the Macro/Interface vary slightly. For example, in DM:

mob
verb
This_Verb(a=1 as num, b=2 as num, c=3 as num)
return a+b+c

In the Interface, set the command as so:

This-Verb 1 1 1

Since a, b, and c can be any number, I suppose you don't have to put all 1's in the above example.