ID:157554

Idk if i posted this in the right spot.
And sorry about my spelling and grammer.
Umm... My naruto game im making is getting closer to comin every day so i figurd ide work on my stats,And training
How should i make the training like how much hp should i make go up in training to how much nin tai and gen?
Cus i wana make the atacks were there not OPED and knok out somone easaly But i also dont want atacks that never kill becouse i have to much hp.So all in all i want ideas on training rait on nin tai to hp.
whoever moved this post from design philosophy to dev how-to obviously didn't spend the 5 seconds required to read it. he's not asking how to do it, he's asking how much/what would be a good balance. he's talking design philosophy

anyways:

Richard78 wrote:
like how much hp should i make go up in training to how much nin tai and gen?
Cus i wana make the atacks were there not OPED and knok out somone easaly But i also dont want atacks that never kill becouse i have to much hp.So all in all i want ideas on training rait on nin tai to hp.

we can't really give any advice to help you because there are no magic numbers. you'd have to provide a lot more information on how your game works. ultimately, though, a lot of testing and small incremental changes should provide you with what you want
How should i make the training like how much hp should i make go up in training to how much nin tai and gen?

In response to Keeth
I'd go with 14039.5

To each his own I guess.
In response to Zaole
Yeh he proly couldnt read it becouse of my spelling.
And thx.But i still need an idea Becouse i realy getting confused on it this is the hartes part.I alredy have 4 clans and 2 bijues genen exam legendary swords.But i cant think about balensing the stats
In response to Richard78
How about making the game yourself.
You know.
From scratch.
In response to Mysame
I did?What the noodle ?Its not a rip.And i did it all myself so far
In response to Ruben7
I'd go with 5.1, but only because I'm fond of infinitely repeating numbers.
In response to Mysame
Mysame wrote:
You know.
From scratch.

is this implying that merely discussing design philosophy with others in order to help increase the quality of one's game qualifies as having others make the game for you?

if not, you sorely misinterpreted this guy's post and are kind of dumb
I don't know what nin, tai, or gen is. I also don't know exactly what you mean by training, but I'm going to assume you mean something where you go around find a training object, macro a button for it's command and AFK level your character up.

What you should do instead is have training, but don't have it give much experience. Have it give like exp*1/16+.0001. But when you actually show their amount of experience show it rounded. Trade experience for those things you said.

The main way for them to gain experience should be through killing monsters, completing quest, and killing other players. You can hit a wooden board, punching bag, randomly punch the air, etc all day long. It's not going to make you any strong. Over time it could start possibly increase your strength or speed, whatever. But it's not going to do much.

Killing people and monsters however give you real fighting experience, because they swing back. Quest gain you experience because you had to do something to test your abilities. Hitting a punching bag bare handed repeatedly without someone to hold it is just going to sprang your wrist.
In response to Zaole
Thing is, Zaole, during the making of a game, you tend to already get the "feel" for balance stat- and skillwise. As you can see, there aren't a lot of people taking his post seriously, and why would they?
In response to Mysame
Mysame wrote:
You know.
From scratch.

Zaole wrote:
is this implying that merely discussing design philosophy with others in order to help increase the quality of one's game qualifies as having others make the game for you?

Mysame wrote:
Thing is, Zaole, during the making of a game, you tend to already get the "feel" for balance stat- and skillwise. As you can see, there aren't a lot of people taking his post seriously, and why would they?

are you sure you replied to the right post? because your response did not at all address what i asked. you probably should not reply to a post if you're not going to say anything at all related to what the post was asking.
In response to Mysame
Mysame wrote:

No afence sir but,it could be becouse a gm moved my post to the rong place?
In response to Richard78
No.