ID:158060

can somebody please link me to something that i can build in a macro system from the ground up with the floor plan drawn out, and thank you. if one person posts a link and yours is different, please post it. It doesnt need icons although it may be slightly more useful. A guide would be good as an alternative too. I just havnt learned this yet, its a new confusing branch to me...
Macros are extremely simple in BYOND. Create and build an interface file, then create a macro list, and add some commands. Then you're pretty much done.
In response to Jeff8500
um... easier said than done..... from my POV
In response to Darkjohn66
Do you mean Macro as in a keyboard macro, where one presses a key or combinations of keys and then it pops off a command? Or do you mean a macro as in a button that you could press? Either one would be in the use of an interface file. If you don't know what that means, then you should probably start here. Read through the guide specifically; you can also access the guide by going to the top of your browsers, then going to Developers -> Guide. You should quickly figure it out. ^^

Also, for the sake of not appearing lazy, you could open Dream Maker, create a new project, go to new, and make a .dmf file.

Then, you can double-click on macros, create a new macro. Click Find Key, the press in the keys. Under command, put in what your shortcut would be; for example, if oyu don't want your user to have to type Say, you could make a CTRL+S macro and under command put say. Every time the player presses ctrl+s, it would bring up the dialog box for say (if you do say like as is done in the guide and most other places)
In response to Delra
i mean if you've ever seen those macros that set when you drag an attack from a skill list into a box