ID:158342

I am trying to emulate the NDS's multiple screen. I have made my interface's map an incredible size (either 31x11 or 15x23 - when either side-by-side or on top of each other.) I also placed a lable overtop of the map's center tile (16th or 12th tile) for a break between the screens. (Yes I know this all seems overcomplicated, and there might be an easier way that I don't know about, but it was a random idea that popped in my head so bear with me here)

The problem is, the player's icon is situated in the center of the map. I want it to place the player's icon in the first half of the map (left or top) and the center of that half. Is there any way I could make the player situated in, lets say, tile 8,6, the center of the player's map area of the map control? (If your wondering why I want to split the map, its so that the second area can be used for interfaces and such using screen_loc.)

Here's a graphical example of what I mean... could be of more use because I'm horrible at explaining things(sorry if the image seems a bit condescending, originally used it to show a younger sibling what I meant)
[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7361/ntft.png[img]

Do you think this is possible? If it is, how would I do it?

If not, is there an easier way of what I want to acomplish?

EDIT1: Tried to use client/screen already... it doesn't go far enough (max is 127... I would need 196 *sadface*)
You would need to create an obj to follow the mob some amount below the player, then set the eye to it.

mob
var/obj/eyeball
Move()
.=..()
if(. && eyeball)
eyeball.loc = get_steps(src,SOUTH,EYEBALLRANGE)
Login()
..()
eyeball = new /obj
eyeball.loc = get_steps(src,SOUTH,EYEBALLRANGE)
client.eye = eyeball

Where EYEBALLRANGE is some constant based on your screen size (you figure it out) and get_steps() is a proc to get_step() some number of times (I'm sure you can find an example of it if you search the forum).
In response to Garthor
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.. how exactly does that work? (I don't even know what I would search to find this...)
In response to KingCold999
Oops, forgot the important part: client.eye = eyeball in Login(). The eyeball follows you around, X number of steps below you, and your view is centered on the eyeball.
In response to Garthor
Thanks, I figured out what you meant by that (and it works perfectly btw, thank you so very much!)