ID:174619

Ive been trying to find someone that knows the inside/outside building code like in dragonball online. So far, ive had one person help me but he forgot how to do it x.x;; So im asking everyone on these forums now, please help me!

What i need is where you walk inside a building, and everything OUTSIDE of the building gets a darken affect, and whenever you walk outside of the building, the building gets a roof of the top of it, so it looks like a normal building...

Its a little confusing but if you know what im talking about or would like to help me, please AIM me at XxOverSynxX or on MSN at [email protected]. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
ok, this just involves using the invisibility variable..
obj
wall
icon = 'wall.dmi'
density = 1
opacity = 1
roof
icon = 'roof.dmi'
floor
icon = 'floor.dmi'
invisibility = 1
layer = TURF_LAYER+1
area
enterhouse
Entered(mob/M)
M.see_invisible = 1
exithouse
Exited(mob/M)
M.see_invisible = 0

that way, when you have walked into the enterhouse area, you can see the floor, rather than it appearing invisible. and when you have exited the exithouse area, you no longer see the floor, and see the roof.
F = floor and roof
w = wall
e = enter
E = exit
w w w w w
w F F F w
w F F F w
w w e w w
E
In response to JackGuy
This is in the wrong forums this should be in the Newbie central forum.
In response to Wanabe
Wrong. Newbie central would include newbie questions, i find this NOT newbie coding considering only one person has replied.
In response to JackGuy
Ok well i got it but now i just need the fading outside now :D
In response to Shinguku
If the walls are opaque it should do that for you. :)
In response to Shinguku
Its also not a code problem, meaning it goes to newbie central, and it is a reletively simple matter.
In response to Jotdaniel
-_- Im actually a half decent coder, and i could NOT find a solution to this coding PROBLEM. Ive had it in my game code for a while so it IS a coding problem.
In response to Jnco904
I do have the opacity set to 1, but it just makes the outside black. lol, i want little dots on the outside, not ALL black.
In response to Shinguku
Shinguku wrote:
Wrong. Newbie central would include newbie questions, i find this NOT newbie coding considering only one person has replied.

Newbie Central is for questions without code, which this is. Code Problems is for debugging. Whether the question is actually a newbie-type thing (and yes, yours is) isn't very relevant to whether a post belongs there. Moved.

Lummox JR