ID:175749

I'm trying to make a maze, where when you step on the wrong spot, you are teleported back to the beginning. My problem is - when I place the area, I have no idea where it was I just placed it, so I don't know where I already mapped and where I didn't. Any way to make areas visible?

Perhaps if I assigned it an icon initially...
Gynax wrote:
I'm trying to make a maze, where when you step on the wrong spot, you are teleported back to the beginning. My problem is - when I place the area, I have no idea where it was I just placed it, so I don't know where I already mapped and where I didn't. Any way to make areas visible?

The layer of an /area is below a turf's layer. So, this means that you can't see areas on the map editor by default. To see them, give the area an icon, then select Layers->Areas Only, then enable 'Only Show Selectable Layers'.

Hope that helps.
In response to Malver
Helped enough to let me get the job done. Thanks a bunch. :)
In response to Malver
You don't need to go to all that effort, there's an option in DM to show the boundry between different areas...

When editing a map, go into the Option menu and select "Frame Areas". That should be enough in most cases...