ID:176290

I'm playing with a few mod ideas for Chatters - one of them being a more verbose /who command that appears in the internal browser window.

One of the things I would like to do is have it update each time someone enters or leaves Chatters, or updates certain profile information - and this must update *all* people who have this feature turned on (this later on/off switch I already have solved).

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this en-masse updating upon login/logout of other chatters?

you could try world << browse(blah,blah)

or if that doesnt work something like

for(mob/M in world)
usr << browse(blah,blah)

not a true refresh, but will do essentially the same thing

**Note**This is coming from someone who has never in his life figured out how to use the browser...
BTG autoupdates whenever someone changes data in a sheet. All you have to do is loop through the chatters and find which ones have the who page open, then send the new page to those who do. (If you are using popup windows, make sure to use the same window name again.) It's up to you to track which chatters have the who page open.

The biggest problem I had in BTG was that closing the window with the default windows close button (the nice X in the corner) doesn't report to BYOND, so if a sheet is updated after being closed that way, it will pop back up. To keep the window closed, I had to provide a close button in the sheet with a BYOND topic link that closes the window and turns it off in that mob's sheet list.
In response to Shadowdarke
cool! thanks SD and Nick for your input.

And ShadowDarke - I saw you in Chatters, but you left before I could respond.