ID:180160

will some1 tell me how to make a monster that attacks and moves...plz dont tell me to read somthin or look at a demo cuz none of em works
Eponick wrote:
will some1 tell me how to make a monster that attacks and moves...plz dont tell me to read somthin or look at a demo cuz none of em works

download my library weapon/battle system. If it doesnt work, then look through the newbie section, i have posted many monster AI codes though out it
Eponick wrote:

People who say that a demo doesn't work make me really angry... People spend a long time on their demoes and libraries, only to have someone come along and demand code, and not willing to read.

If you're not willing to read or look at references and sources, you're not going anywhere in the programming world. If you expect to have any future, you better learn how to read now.
Eponick wrote:

Most fascinating -- let us know right away which ones you tried that didn't work, since they worked for us and we should fix them as soon as possible.
Eponick wrote:

Put some effort into learning to code, or get out of our world.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Eponick wrote:

Most fascinating -- let us know right away which ones you tried that didn't work, since they worked for us and we should fix them as soon as possible.

Deadrons Combat System works.
In response to Skysaw
i just got he blue book in the mail today...if i didnt wana lean code why would i have bought it for $25
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Eponick wrote:

People who say that a demo doesn't work make me really angry... People spend a long time on their demoes and libraries, only to have someone come along and demand code, and not willing to read.

If you're not willing to read or look at references and sources, you're not going anywhere in the programming world. If you expect to have any future, you better learn how to read now.

Im mostly here because I plan on spending the rest of my life programming games. Since I am a potential programmer, this is a good place for me, teaching me the basics of a huge world of programming.

Once I have done all the projects that I want to do with byond, I will be moving onto either Java or C++. Java looks very hard, but I am hoping that some company will release some sort of engine or something for making games. Like Jagex has. I am also hopeing that I will be able to at least have an error free compiled version of a 2d sprite walking around on a black screen, with a chat box, by the end of my senior year, in the lang C++.

Then Ill go to college or something for C++.
Hopefully I can get a jump start.

Which leads me to my next point, Byond is a spring board into programming, and i think that some of the people here just want to make games, and they want to make games fast.
Take time people, and actually try to learn what your reading, and doing. Think about what your reading and doing. You just might like Programming.

Asking questions gets you answers, but if you dont try to learn the answer your self, you will learn less in the process, and more questions will form later on.

FIREking
In response to FIREking
heh...im hoping to be a great game programer to someday...i have only been using byond for about 2 weeks but i still have a long time to learn C++ and other language's considering i am only 13...but like freaking said(more or less) if your going to take the time to make a game you should at least know how u made it.
In response to Eponick
Eponick wrote:
i just got he blue book in the mail today...if i didnt wana lean code why would i have bought it for $25

"plz dont tell me to read somthin or look at a demo"

You tell me what that sounds like.
In response to Skysaw
"plz dont tell me to read somthin or look at a demo cuz none of em works"
In response to Eponick
Eponick wrote:

Same thing.. All the things that are uploaded work perfectly for the person who made it, so it's something wrong with you.

Also, that sentence has terrible grammar.
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Eponick wrote:

Same thing.. All the things that are uploaded work perfectly for the person who made it, so it's something wrong with you.

Also, that sentence has terrible grammar.

I agree.