ID:182342

OK, i have this idea. About making a game. I am not sure what i would call it, but i still want an opinion.

OK the point of the game is to create your character by choosing one of several races, and customizing them with hair and starting clothes etc.

Once you join the game you will be at your races starting place. When you start you are a member of your races army.

The objective: to take down other races armies. You could do multiple things.

You can specialize on certain types of weaponry such as daggers, swords, guns, bows. and even weapons only found in your home kingdom. You train by killing off the other armies forces, level up your stats and get skill points which can increase your weapon mastery, and allow you to get techniques once you have a certain amount of weapon mastery.

Once you finally vanquish the other armies leader, or get to the center of the armies base (if they have no leader), you become there leader, and you have the option of telling your army to ally with another army, with there acceptance of course, or to be hostile with another army. Giving you the ability to turn on your homeland if you so choose, or join up with them and take on other armies.

This is just a basis of my idea, please give feedback, thing that you think could make it better, if you think a storyline could go with it, please give one, etc. Or just give me responses on how well you think the idea could go over as a game on BYOND.
Hmm, sounds like a decent idea, but it doesn't sound like a full game. Some issues you might want to think about: How do you stop a single person from steamrolling everyone after being the first to win? If that person was to gain all the troops remaining of every general they kill, than they will gain a sizable boost after every victory, and if there was a battle of, say, 8 people, than once someone wins once, they will gain a good boost to their troops, giving them greater numbers for an easier win the next battle. And every battle would get easier and quicker for the one winning, but it would be unfair to the other 6 who were not part of the first battle.

This could be partly cured, by making the general rather tough to kill, meaning that casualties would likely be high before the general was killed. You could also make some sort of a disobedience clause that, if a general should win over another, he can't walk away with more troops than he walked in with, and the excuse would be that some troops refused to fight with him. This allows people to come out of a battle with more land, and one less enemy, but no boost in troops, but a good victory would at least mean few, if any, losses.
In response to Danial.Beta
how would this be then, when you go to kill the general, AKA current leader of the army, say you got into the internal area where he is, most of the army would then go in and help the general, along with him being very hard to kill? and then about 66% of the army that you take over become nuetral, so they would only help if you bribed them, and would join any army that did? And for the new people, lets say for those under a certain level higher up ranks wont attack them. The general will obviously, to defend himself. But those higher up other than the basic people you fight at the starting lines wont attack you. So if you are too low you won't get hugely ganged up on and destroyed.

and also pls remember thisis just a basis of the game to see if ppl would like it, and if they dont what they think should be changed in order to make it likeable.
So anyone got any other ideas? i would like to make a game like this, but want to know if anyone else would want to help me make it, and play it or not.
In response to Koriami
say if you were the first person to play this game, you would easily be able to take over other places and lands because there would be no one there. also, would be unfair if there was one place where most people went to and this one place where this new guy only just joined and he was the only one there and was attacked by an army of like 10.
In response to Kakushi
Something else that would probably fix that problem, say that when the server came up or after awhile the entire game is restored to its normal self (all dead NPCs and stuff revive etc.) When you start, so that you cant just walk in and take over, there could be an army of NPCs there. So you go through and fight the other armies, but they are not all normal players, which might help even out the odds. Also each race would have there own advantages also, say if i put in human and demons. Humans would have larger numbers and more equipment for example, but then demons would be stronger. Overall attempting to even out each race.
In response to Koriami
You can't keep "bumping" your post like that. You must wait 24 hours to do so and if those 24 hours has passed your post also can't be currently on the front page. If you really want to add in some important information try editing your previous post.