ID:183238

Yeah, I don't need it for BYOND anymore, but its screwed with me for the last couple of months. I either don't have OpenGL, or it don't work. There's programs that crash... and the only thing I can point it at is what I just said.

Don't tell me to run GpuCapsViewer, because thats one of the programs that does.

Graphics Card is a ATI Radeon X1300/1500. Yep, thats what it says.

How the hell can I solve this?
Install a different version of driver for your graphics card?
In response to Jon88
Jon88 wrote:
Install a different version of driver for your graphics card?

Hmm... I can either choose from...

Uh... there's only one official driver for it. I'll be damned if there was another of any kind.
In response to RedlineM203
RedlineM203 wrote:
Hmm... I can either choose from...

Uh... there's only one official driver for it. I'll be damned if there was another of any kind.

Then damned you are. :P

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/ radeonxprevious-xp.html is a list of previous drivers for XP on the ATI/AMD website. Sometimes different driver versions work better with different games. Although since OpenGL sounds like it's not working at all, it might be a good idea to uninstall your current drivers entirely, and install new ones from scratch anyways.

Although you shouldn't have to, you could also try alternate unofficial drivers, like the omega drivers that you can find with google.
In response to Jon88
I've been damned so many times its lost ALL meaning.</edited simpsons quote>

I'll check that out, but for once my Catalyst control center is actually working.

EDIT: Interesting... OpenGL only works when I don't have a display driver.
EDIT: Or when I take down the Hardware Acceleration by 4 notches.
RedlineM203 wrote:

That's because you are taking the load off the Graphics Card and putting it on the CPU. Sounds likely that something has gone wrong with your graphics card.
In response to Danial.Beta
Danial.Beta wrote:
RedlineM203 wrote:

That's because you are taking the load off the Graphics Card and putting it on the CPU. Sounds likely that something has gone wrong with your graphics card.

Hmm.. surprise, surprise. Another thing of mine breaks from use. Rips in the chair, pairs of headsets... where the hell will the list end?
Welcome to computing. My Chair has a huge rip in it(Which I'm ignoring in hopes that it will go away), and I've gone through 3 Mic headsets and two audio only headsets this year. PCs have a cost.

But before we write off your graphics card completely, does DirectX work?
In response to Danial.Beta
Danial.Beta wrote:
Welcome to computing. My Chair has a huge rip in it(Which I'm ignoring in hopes that it will go away), and I've gone through 3 Mic headsets and two audio only headsets this year. PCs have a cost.

But before we write off your graphics card completely, does DirectX work?

Everything works fine with full acceleration minus OpenGL.

And I'm stuck with this graphics card for years to come. They get passed down from my brother like crappy non-trendy t-shirts.