ID:183357

Figured I might as well post and see if anyone knows what the deal is, I've been workin' on it for a few hours now.

Basically, here's the deal. I have my 360 hooked up via Ethernet to my laptop. Now, my laptop is hooked up wireless to my router and therefore to the internet. The internet from my laptop to my 360 works, I can get on XBox live. But my issues lie with the media sharing with my 360.

I have Service Pack 2 installed and Windows Media Player 11, I have my 360 on allow to share files to (In the WMP11 sharing settings). When I go to the media on the 360 I do connect to my computer, but no music, pictures, nor videos show up. I've added a bunch of all three to the Windows Media Library.

Added note, playlists that I make on WMP11 do show up on the 360, but songs within the playlists do not.

/confused on

Thanks ahead of time.
you have to activate share media on media player 11 just in case u aint
In response to Trueryder
It is activated.
I'm on Windows 2000, which isn't compatible with this stuff, so instead I use a program called TVersity. Not the greatest program out there, but I've heard that it has more features than if you use WMC.
You can stream audio and video from the internet (ie, internet radio) which is nice. It supports RSS feeds. I don't think WMC can do that.

Is your laptop detecting the XBOX 360? My Mum's XP machine detects it when it connects to the network and powers up. Gives a nice little 'You've connect an XBOX 360 console to the network, would you like to configure it' bubble.

You might want to checkout XBOX 360 Scene. Their website has some interesting stuff (it's where I found TVersity) but their forums are where you'll find your answers.