ID:183755

it's been awhile since I've really come on here. Anyone want to explain the new layout of finding games to play? I've kinda looked at it, but it seems quite a bit more confusing than the old way
What new layout?

Oceania has always been at war with East Asia.

(Dear goth... remember the something-storm that touched off last time?)
Basically the HUB now has a filter on it. You click on the section of games you want to play, BYOND anime is all the dbz naruto games ect... And BYOND casual is the chat programs and paint and stuff... pretty simple.
In response to Knifo
But what if I dont want to filter it all?
In response to Atomixkid
Than you suffer painfully and extremely slowly...

Or just check out the old page for live games: http://games.byond.com/hub/BYOND/ Games;view=live;sort=0;page=0;startitem=7
In response to Hedgemistress
LexyBitch wrote:
What new layout?

No. Oceania is at war with East Asia. Oceania has always been at war with East Asia.

The only wars I can think of between members of Oceania and East Asia are:

World War 2.
Malaysia.
Vietnam, though thats South East Asia.

I could be wrong, I oftern am, what when have we been continually fighting?
In response to nick.cash
You really need to read 1984.
In response to Popisfizzy
Leftley wrote:
You really need to read 1984.

The reason I didn't know there was a book called 1984 is because, while it may be popular where you guys live, I've never heard about it, and I asked several other people and except for an old british guy, noone else had heard of it either.
In response to nick.cash
I've not ever heard of it either...

;) double think amirite
FriesOfDoom wrote:
but it seems quite a bit more confusing than the old way

A BIT MORE CONFUSING .... This layout is the worst one that i've ever seen and just sucks. It was made because of some security issue I was told. It just doesnt make things easy and is ment for new members to think byond is more friendly.
In response to Devin148
Devin148 wrote:
It was made because of some security issue I was told.

What are you talking about? Link please. I thought it was made to replace the channel system with the guilds and to remove the rips that were plaguing the people who didn't play those kinds of games.

It's different, and could still use a few improvements, but I think it's a move in the right direction.

Oh, and welcome back, Fries :)
In response to Devin148
Trust me, this is a lovely layout compared to some I've seen. And I quite like this layout too >_>;
In response to nick.cash
Ah, well then, I suggest you read it. It's a very good book, in my opinion, at least.
In response to Devin148
The only security issue I can think of is what was in Dream Seeker, and that's only the newest version of DS.
It's not. In fact it's way more intuitive. Before BYOND was just a mess of games all in one junk pile. Now they've organized it into categories of games.

I don't understand how people can enjoy sifting through heaps of junk. I don't understand how people can call this layout in any way worse than the old "Ok we just tossed all the games into a giant heap".
AbyssDragon wrote:
Ah, well then, I suggest you read it. It's a very good book, in my opinion, at least.

Mmm book. =) Yum.
In response to Worldweaver
I think the main gripe comes from the lazy folks who don't want to click one more time to get to a game... They liked sifting through the junk pile because it could be gotten to without having to visit more than one page...

Now, they've gotta bother with all of the business of entering a guild, looking at their list, backing out of that page back to the main listing, entering another guild, etc...

Personally, I don't mind that sort of navigation, but there are plenty that have a problem with it...
It's a classic.
In response to nick.cash
This is making me feel old.

ID:35643