ID:183910

Does anyone know where I can find a download for a game called BEER by Epic Megagames?
It's a space shooter were you control a beer bottle and try to fight off asprins and stuff instead of aliens, and you can buy upgrades such as side guns which are often bottles aswell. You shoot your cap to shoot down the bad guys. If anyone knows where I can find this game I will be very pleased.
Wow, that is pretty intense... Funny game, if someone finds it, I'd like to give it a try.
It doesn't sound like the sort of title Epic would have released, so I'm guessing it was a fan made patch for one of their games. Probably Solar Winds.
I don't ever recall seeing a game like you describe, however they did include something just like it in another one of their awesome titles.
It's a minigame that's a secret level in one of their old releases called Tyrian. You should be able to find it fairly easy as there are quite a few abandonware sites that host it (find it yourself, I won't link it here.. not sure what the policy on abandonware is on these forums)

To get to the minigame you'll have to finish all 4 or 5 episodes of the game (depending on which version of Tyrian you have, the old, original or Tyrian 2000)
Dont worry though, the actual game of Tyrian is far entertaining enough you proably wont care about the minigame when you reach it.
Epic Megagames? Aren't they the dudes that released One Must Fall? Cool robot fighting game... I played that shareware to death. :) I might still have the floppy around somewhere, but I'll probably need a computer with windows 95 on it to play it.
In response to Zagreus
http://www.omf.com

I'm not sure if OMF was by Epic, but it was one of the greatest games of the day. I really doubt this OMF:Battlegrounds will be as good, but I guess the original was good enough I can spare the bandwidth to download the demo of the remake. =P

I should probably check out Street Rod III (the fan made sequel), see if they ever got around to finishing up.
In response to Zagreus
In response to Hobbesx
Hobbesx wrote:
It's a minigame that's a secret level in one of their old releases called Tyrian. You should be able to find it fairly easy as there are quite a few abandonware sites that host it (find it yourself, I won't link it here.. not sure what the policy on abandonware is on these forums)

I seem to remember that one of the releases of Tyrian was released totally free, and I'm sure that there's a version that got released as shareware. If it was published by Epic, they don't always get an exclusive license to distribute, so the developer could have easily released it for free on their own.
In response to Jon88
Yes in Tyrian there is a level called BEER based on the game called BEER I think. I can't play tyrian because I've already beaten the secrate difficulty level on highest speed and lowest graphics so I've mastered it (Even the secrate modes, even destruct mode).

Yes Epic Megagames did make OMF.

I'm not 100% sure that BEER was made by Epic Megagames, I just assume it to be as Tyrian because it has a level with the same name.

I know that BEER is not a patch.
In response to Flame Guardian
I'm stupid. I got the name wrong, the company wrong and the... colour wrong.
It's real name is The Last Eichhof.

And no, I don't need help finding it anymore, just posting this so everyone else can play it so they can laugh at how much better they are than me at games that they've never played before...