In response to Elation
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
What possible reason would a president have to move troops around without telling anyone, without it being illegal/dodgy/a bad idea?

I get the impression that it's because getting something through congress means assembling congress which takes time. I'd imagine that this is more of an emergancy power so that if immediate action is required they don't have to go through everything.

It's not like the President doesn't have to face up to congress eventually. If he sent troops in without a good reason he'll get his butt handed too him.
In response to Crispy
I don't know I think it was the blue paint guys during roman times that after battles their women would come out, cut the balls/penis off of the dead and stick it in the guys mouth... they'd do this to all the enemy dead and not offer proper resting rights. That sends a message alright.

What they should do is keep him alive and burn him (or some other punishment) continuesly every day on a web cam online. That way, we could create hell on earth for him until we've agreed that the amount of pain he's felt is about the same as all the victims of his felt. This is how all criminals should be treated. Clear and precise! Scary as hell too...

FEAAR CORPORATE AMERICA! RARR!

I'd personally make him eat the hottest foods!

"Eat the PEPPER! EAT IT! You love the pepper, say it!"

Then I'd make him watch Fwaggle rock! That'd make him go crazy. Those little puppets are nuts!
In response to Jon Snow
When I said "make an example" that wasn't quite what I meant. =D

It's crucial that the Iraqi people in general get the impression that the occupying forces are liberators, not oppressors. Torturing Saddam and/or mutiliating his body would only further enrage his existing supporters and make the neutral section of the population (the ones that they don't care who runs the country because they're just as poverty-stricken either way) more likely to turn against the US forces; and that will destabilise the country even further, which is a Very Bad Thing.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
I'm so gonna get flamed for this, but sports coverage sucks. =P I honestly couldn't care less about who won the football, or how much Australia thrashed India in the cricket this time. Sport is just the modern day equivalent of Roman circuses (as in "bread and circuses") - keep the population fed and entertained, and they'll shut up.

The only sports that slightly intrest me are Cricket and NRL. I wish they would cancel the rest, its annoying having nothing boring on TV to watch other than sport. :(
In response to Crispy
yeah I know I was just jesting... by the way, have you seen the tv shows they're airing in Iraq and such now? They're anti terrorist compaigns and I hear they're having great success! Other than the fact that most the actors leave due to death threats...
In response to Jon Snow
Really? I hadn't heard of that, and a quick Google doesn't turn it up. Linkage please?
In response to Crispy
hmm I don't remember the link it was on msn (news article) about how america is funding telivision shows (stuff like E.R.) except trying to portray what terrorism really is.
In response to Jon Snow
Heres something slighty familar http://www.nysun.com/article/26514
I still would like a url for the story, Nyck. Got one? Does anyone 'got one'?

--Vito
In response to Vito Stolidus
http://www.nysun.com/article/26514

That's the link to the story. Crispy already posted that. If you want to see the whole article you have to subscribe to the website, and I'm not subscribed.

P.S. sorry for taking so long lol
In response to Nyck
Oh, was it already posted? Did not see. sorry. Thanks anyway.

--Vito
In response to Nyck
Nyck wrote:
That's the link to the story. Crispy already posted that.

That was Critical, not me. =) Same first three letters, same country, wrong person...
In response to Crispy
lol oops. See what happens when someone assumes?
In response to Critical
I'm having a hell of a time finding it. It was there, I swear. I read it and it was about how there are soap opera type shows that try to put terrorism in the light... and how they are funded by certain religious groups and such.

I WILL FIND IT! :)
Page: 1 2 3