In response to Kalizen
Just like Zerg Rushing in Starcraft benifits a player?
In response to Thorg
Thorg wrote:
Just like Zerg Rushing in Starcraft benifits a player?

Sometimes it does, sometimes it merely prolongs their doom. Sometimes the terran infantry are ready, waiting, and hiding in bunkers in preparation for the zerg, which are soon slaughtered. Yay for off-topicness!
In response to Artemio
*buzz* wrong answer! but thanks for playing!

during the out-of-school vacation time, BYOND easily gets around 1200-1500 players online. most of them are spamming dbz games, but a significant chunk are playing some of the more popular creations.

what we need is less talk about what to do about advertising and zeta-rips, and other whiney topics. what we need are more engaging and unique games (or even a fangame if it's done well) that will attract a) more players, and b) developers who see the potential BYOND has for gamemaking.
In response to digitalmouse
I've been playing BYOND for about a year, and I've never seen more than 600.
A screenshot of an instance where the amount of players >= 1000 would be sufficient as evidence.
In response to Artemio
I think someone posted one awhile ago >.>
In response to Artemio
Artemio wrote:
I've been playing BYOND for about a year, and I've never seen more than 600.
A screenshot of an instance where the amount of players >= 1000 would be sufficient as evidence.

I've often seen more than 1000 players. Right now, as evidenced by this screenshot, there are 968 players. Admittedly, that's less than 1000, but that's probably close enough to 1000 to make it less unbelievable to you.
In response to digitalmouse
I'd have to agree there- Maddox gets in excess of one million hits on his site per month and he's never lifted a finger in advertising.
In response to Kalzar
Yeah. Someone posted a screen shot when we had 1,337 players online.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
Yeah. Someone posted a screen shot when we had 1,337 players online.

You're kidding right? I have to see that screen shot :D
Page: 1 2