ID:186589

I go to a Sony PSP forum, because, quite frankly, I like the news they give me ON the Sony PSP. But they also like to discuss alot of other systems.

We also have alot of Fan Boys, and Nintendo Bashered. There is a thread called "System Wars" where a person currently posted a thread, asking if you thought Nintendo was out of the picture, well here is the part that pissed me off:

Originally Posted by shades
Your ignorance is blissful.

Its not about letting go of my childhood. Nintendo has and will always be a innavator of video games and systems. Not once has Nintendo made me unhappy. Its about choosing what I like best, and putting my faith a money into that company. Ive always been a fan of Nintendo, Sega and later Sony. It is unfornature that Sega no longer makes systems, but at least they are still around. I own all leading retail systems at this point in time, including a few inports from around the globe, Ive played and made my own informed decisions about these systems, companies and their games.

The only decisions you seem to make here, is that you think Nintendo is for little kids, and refuse to buy into them, you need to grow up.

Youve matured? Your saying a game without a M or A rating is the only ones worth playing,your saying that, these classic games like Super Mario Bros, Pack Man, or Sonic the hedgehog were only designed for children? You havent matured a bit.

Halo is only a top class game for Xbox because it is one of the few Xbox game titles that is even halfway decent. And even for a FPS, Halo fails horribly.

Ive been playing games since Ive been old enough to walk. And That applys to PC games, and I can tell you from personal expiearance, that Halo does not break any new grounds in the FPS gere. It is admitlly visually impressive, but that is low on my list for things needed in games.

And even now, your argument doesnt hold up anymore, since the late 1990's Nintendo has been equally putting fourth games for children, teens and adults.

Why dont you take the time to visit Nintendos Offical web site, and look up their games listing from 1996-2005, youll find just as many childrens games as you do Adult games.

Until you have a better argument, go suck on a rock.

just face it all games from nintendo are for little kids or the simple minded they arent complex or challenging except for the little kids who play them and no u wont find as many adult games as childrens games from nintendo because they are for little kids and they want to stay away from the T-A ratings because they want the little kids to buy them

and there are tons of good games for xbox maybe not any for little kids or people who have the mentality of a little kid--like urself--so i suggest that you [babytalk]take a look at some big kid games ok?[/babytalk]

It seems to me, this person is really, really ignorant, and refuses to acklodge my own choices or Nintendo in the least. I hate these new breed of gamers, and wish they would die.

What I do need is someone who has the time, or the resources, to collect as many Adult-ish games from all the Nintendo systems, and list them for me, on title and system, thanks.
Shades wrote:
I hate these new breed of gamers, and wish they would die.

They're no different from the last generation of gamers. Not many people seem to realise it, but that's how teenagers act.
Nowdays it's a little worse, since we're encouraged to call them 'young adults' (when really a young adult is in their early 20's), but they've always been the ones who don't get smoking isn't an adult thing to do it's something adults are allowed to do.

As for the list of Nintendo games it's not going to make a difference. There's no way he will understand that Donkey Konga is popular with the 22+ players.
You'd probably be better off pointing out how many of his 'mature' games are aimed at teenagers. The best example of that is finding lists of things they cut out so they could get a 15+ rating instead of a 18+ rating. I mean if they were really aiming at adults they wouldn't care if under 18's could buy it or not.
I suppose so, I may just have to stop reading their community forums altogehther, because when I see someone bashing Nintendo, esepcailly with the kiddie logic, I feel pissed the second I see it.

What is really funny, is the fact that they are calling me a baby for making a informed decision based on my styles, tastes and choices.
In response to DarkView
You could even use some exampels having nothing to do with games. Example: Adult Swim on cartoon network..ADULT SWIM? Sounds like teenager swim to me. Many/some adults wouldn't watch cartoon network and it says "its intended for children 14 and up".
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
Shades wrote:
I hate these new breed of gamers, and wish they would die.

They're no different from the last generation of gamers. Not many people seem to realise it, but that's how teenagers act.

There are differences. For example, the previous gamer generation (now I'm talking beginning of the 90:s and a bit up, Amiga, 386, some 486) could enjoy games even though they were limited, and had a willingness to learn programming, and the patience to actually do it. They could also spell, be polite and open-minded in discussions. Not all of course, but I'm inclined to say that the childish gamers were more exceptions than a rule as it is today: "l3arn t0 pr0gramm? noway l3wser."

I say ignore all those ignorant kids. Shades I understand your frustration totally, but arguing with them is like trying to teach a donkey algebra. The level of intelligence is way too low. And in this case, the person must increase it himself, you cannot do anything if sensible reasoning doesn't work. Good attempt though.

/Gazoot
"It is a statistical certainty that there is someone out there on the planet who considers you an idiot. That person doesn't matter, of course - he's an idiot."

I doubt anything you say will shut him up. Until the "go suck on a rock" jab at the end, I liked your post. But some people will simply refuse to see other viewpoints, so there's no value in spending your time trying to force someone into accepting something they don't wish to. :-/
In response to DarkView
I'm 14, and I am devoted almost entirely to Nintendo. Sure, I'll play some of the mind-numbing pointless games like GTA every once in a while (in fact, I've come to the conclusion that played moderately could actually be healthy), but only because the repetive task of shooting a rocket launcher aimed at a busy intersection is just that, repetive. Such games do provide some releaf from life. However, I am a fan of Zelda, Final Fantasy, DK, Super Mario Bros., and a lot of the other games that were originally for Nintendo, even if they changed over to Sony. And I also find enjoyment in Sega games, mainly Sonic and I am quite sad that they are no longer produced.
I can play just about everything, but I do prefer the 'old-school' games, because their not about graphics or special effects, but the story line. Unlike most gamers of my generation, the story line is all I truly care about. Sure, I may hesitate to play a game that is so hard on the eyes you get a major headache within a few minutes, but I still gladly play Legend of Zelda for the NES, which is basically little 2D dots moving across the screen.

I take great pride in the fact that some people can classify me as a 'true gamer' and I rweally don't see why other people around my age feel that just because a game has good graphics, sexuality, and cussing means it a 'good game'
I mean, Jesus, I heard one of my friends talking just the other day about a really 'cool game'-Playboy Mansion
Who gives a damn what someone things about system X or game Y? I still play my nes (ok i play the games on emulators because my NES rarely works anymore) master system snes and genesis games more than current system ones, simply put those games made up for lack of grahpics by being a good game. DW3 is still a hell of alot better of an RPG than many newer ones, sure, some newer games are better (like fallout, Baldur's gate... and basicly any other PC game made by non-dead Black Isle).

In short, who cares?

P.S. People need to stop comparing Halo to other FPS. Halo was made as a console game, not a PC game. There's a large difference between a controller and a keyboard/mouse. Even the PC version of halo just doesn't play right because it wasnt intended for such a thing.